7.

Leaning against a pillar anxiously, I watch Xavier pull back his bow smoothly as he aims for the circle target

Leaning against a pillar anxiously, I watch Xavier pull back his bow smoothly as he aims for the circle target. I need to stop staring, but for some reason I just can't.

I'm supposed to be getting intel on Rowan's behavior before the incident in the woods, but all of a sudden it's hard to just go over there and have a conversation.

Wednesday's words keep replaying in my head and it's psyching me out. She's wrong, he's just my friend.  I can do this, don't overthink it.

Walking over to the archery field, I cross my arms casually as I come up next to Xavier to watch him practice.

He doesn't notice me at first, focusing on the target and loosing an arrow fluidly. It lands on the target with a thump, but his aim isn't the best.

"I've been looking for you all weekend. You okay?" He lowers his bow once he notices me, taking in my appearance with a concerned look.

"I'm feeling better now, just needed some rest." I shrug it off looking down at my boots and he frowns slightly when I don't meet his eye.

"I was worried about you y'know. It was kinda scary seeing you run off during our conversation just to come back bloody and unconscious being carried out of the woods on a stretcher."

He picks up another arrow, notching it as he talks and I cringe silently at how that scene must've looked to everybody else.

"Yeah... I didn't really mean for all of that to happen. I was just protecting my roommate." I fiddle with my rings as unwanted flashbacks of Wednesday being telekinetically choked pop up in my mind. Who knows what would've happened if I didn't show up.

"From the big bad monster that "killed" my roommate?" Xavier looses another arrow, landing it close to his first but still not making it near the bullseye.

"No, from the same roommate who telekinetically threw me into a tree and gave me this gash on my head." I respond as I motion to the scab near my temple, a little bit annoyed that no one seems to believe that we're telling the truth.

"Really?" His voice softens as he takes in my injury and I nod silently up at him, not wanting to talk more about it.

"I'm sorry. Rowan's always been a little off, but the last few weeks he's been more erratic. Telekinesis can mess with your head y'know. He's been starting to freak me out." He admits honestly, and I frown as I remember our first conversation when he told me that Rowan threw him up against the wall.

We stand in silence for a couple of moments, both in our own thoughts before Xavier picks up another arrow and starts fiddling with it.

"So what's the deal between you and Wednesday?" He asks casually, and I look up at him with a confused look.

"Oh I'm sorry, we're you the only one got to ask non archery questions here?" He teases slightly, but I can tell he is trying to be cool.