12.

Waking up and having to go to class the next day feels like a fever dream

Waking up and having to go to class the next day feels like a fever dream. I still can't get the feeling of Xavier's lips on mine out of my head, even as I walk through the halls listening to Enid's story about how she got stood up last night.

"Remind me to hex Ajax the next time I see him." I tell Enid supportively as I hold my large textbook for my next class in my arms.

The blonde smiles sadly up at me as I bump my arm into hers to try and cheer her up.

"I would like to see that happen." She sniffles slightly, getting her appearance together before we get to class.

Walking into the conservatory, I find Xavier already sat at his usual spot at our desk.

As I start to approach, he picks his head up from whatever sketch he's drawing today and smiles up at me in greeting.

"Morning Red." He tells me as I sit down at my spot next to him, his face smug as I smile back at him flusteredly.

"Morning stalker." I bite back lightly, rolling my eyes at his nickname for me.

He tucks a stray piece of his hair behind his ear as he looks down at his papers trying to contain his smile, and I have to focus on Miss Thornhill's words a bit more during class to avoid Xavier's constant presence next to me.

He's becoming way too much of a distraction in this class. A cute distraction, but a distraction nonetheless.

"Most plants reward their pollinators with sweet nectar, but many carnivorous varieties turn to sexual trickery or deception." Miss Thornhill teaches excitedly as she holds a poisonous plant like a harmless baby.

"Now, once the plant is pollinated what do make insects get in exchange?"  I raise my hand boredly, wanting to learn something that I don't already know.

"Nada. Just like all the guys at the Rave'n." Bianca interrupts, joking smugly and earning laughs from the students around me as I furrow my brows in confusion.

What the hell is the "raven," and why is it making everyone so giggly all of a sudden?

"Okay, okay! I know you're all excited about Saturday which is why I haven't assigned any homework, but I do still need volunteers for the decorating committee." Miss Thornhill announces and a few students raise their hands enthusiastically.

"What's the raven?" I ask quietly, looking over at Xavier as everyone starts talking amongst themselves as the class starts to end.

"It's a cheesy school dance they throw every year. Disco balls, spiked punch and there's even a dj. M.C. Blood Suckas." He smirks jokingly and I snort at the dumb dj name.

"Wow, you'd think Nevermore would be against John Hughes cliches but I guess I was mistaken." I joke back, earning a chuckle from Xavier as I start packing my notebook into my backpack.