10.

A couple days later after the high of the Poe cup festivities has faded, all of Nevermore's students gather in the courtyard excitedly as the assignments for Jericho's "outreach day" are being handed out

"All students are to report to their volunteer jobs at ten am sharp, followed by a community lunch at one. As you know, this year outreach day culminates in a very special event: the dedication of a new memorial statue in the town square which will also include performances by Nevermore students!"

Headmistress Weems makes a musky boring speech about the normie town while Enid, Wednesday and I all get assigned our posts.

"As representatives of our school, I trust that you will all put your best face forward."  Weems' voice echoes behind us as she finishes and we all eagerly rip open our envelopes.

"Pilgrim world? What even is that, some pathetic medieval theme park?" I look over at Enid, waiting for an explanation.

"Ugh, I got Weathervane, I do not do coffee. Wanna trade?" Enid complains, holding out her envelope to me with a pleading puppy dog look.

"Please, be my guest." I hand her my own envelope with a shrug, and she grins jumping up and down.

"I do have natural people skills and a love of performing so it's kinda the obvi choice for me." She explains, flipping her blue and pink hair over her shoulder.

"Glad to be of help." I chuckle softly, looking over at Wednesday as she reads her assignment.

"What did you get?" I ask curiously and she shows me the paper.

"Uriah's Heap, whatever that is..." She tells us monotonously and Enid cringes at her words.

"Ew, that's this weird creepy antique store. You'll love it though! I'm crossing my claws Ajax and I will be outreaching together..." the blonde looks across the yard at a distracted Ajax, sighing softly as she makes googly eyes at him.

"Aww, someone's in loooveee." I whisper tease, poking Enid in the shoulder as her cheeks heat.

"Shhh, be quiet! He'll hear us." She glares at me and I back off, biting my lip to keep from laughing. This is going to be fun.

Twenty five minutes later I hop off of the school bus, looking around at the small quaint town of Jericho. 

This is my first time outside of Nevermore since the whole Harvest Fest incident, so I haven't had much time to explore the actual town.

"Come on, I wanna get a good seat." Enid pulls me along towards the town square, but as I'm being dragged away I notice Wednesday walking towards a tall figure in a familiar dark blue overcoat looking up at a painted over mural.

I hum in thought, wondering why Wednesday is friendly with Xavier all of a sudden. Shrugging it off, I continue to follow Enid to the mildly boring looking assembly.