14.

A package waited for me on top of my bed after classes the next day, with Lucy sat comfortably next to it waiting to use the empty box as a bed

"What's this Lucy?" I ask curiously, looking down at the brown cardboard box with a furrowed brow.

Slowly reading the return address on the top, I realize that this must be something from my mom.  Weird, she almost never talks to me but now she wants to send me something?

I start opening the package skeptically, picking up the letter sat at the very top and ripping it open to see what she has to say.

For your very first rave'n, you've always looked best in red. Have fun and be good for me.
~mom

I blink back my surprise as I take out the unexpected gift from the bottom of the box, raising up an expensive looking red dress to take a god look at it.

Damn her for knowing me so well, this dress is gorgeous.

Of course she would do something like this, choosing red when the theme of the dance is all white.  I know this is some sort of power play to get me to be the center of attention, and I don't know how to feel.

The dress is practically perfect, It'd be a waste not to wear it...

Fuck it, I'll do what she wants just this once. Only because I look ghastly in that white dress.

"Oh my god! Xavier is going to freak when he sees you in that." Enid compliments energetically as she enters the dorm and notices me hanging up the dress to avoid any wrinkles.

"Thanks E. Are you ready for me to curl your new hair?" I ask and she nods thankfully, showing off her new pink locks.

After about an hour of curling both of our hair and putting on makeup while listening to Enid's hype music, we wait to put on our dresses until Wednesday comes back.

"Why is she taking foreverrrr. We're nearly going to be late!" Enid complains, laying on her bed anxiously.

"This is Wednesday we're talking about. Be glad she even agreed to come to this dance in the first place." I point out as I lay in my own bed, admiring Lucy who's chewing on his new cardboard box toy.

"F this, let's get going." Enid sits up, done waiting and I nod in agreement going to change into my dress and heels.

After slipping into the dress and buckling up my heels, I stand in-front of Enid with a grin as we both take in each others outfits.

"We look hot as hell! I can't believe it right now." Enid gushes in her white dress and I giggle at her enthusiasm.

"Hell yeah we do. If it weren't for our dates I'd hog you all to myself." I tease, grabbing Enid's hand to head downstairs before the party starts.