9.

Walking through the courtyard with Wednesday by my side, I can barely contain my energy as we wait for the Poe Cup to begin

As we make our way towards Enid, a certain siren catches my eye as she starts heading in my direction.

Bianca smirks smugly as we make eye contact, causing me to give her a sickly sweet smile of my own. She's got a big storm coming.

She shoulder checks me as she passes by, so self absorbed that she doesn't even notice the bad luck hex I discretely put on her with the touch of my hand.

Smirking over to Wednesday with a discrete nod, her own lips upturn slightly in mischievous smirk as she realizes what I've done.

"We're all set." Enid tells Wednesday in greeting as we find her sat on a bench waiting for us to arrive.

"Good. Thing is in position." Wednesday tells her secretively and I raise my brow curiously.

"Wanna share with the class what you have planned for today?" I ask my mysterious roommate curiously and she bites back sarcastically.

"And spoil the surprise?"  She raises her own eyebrow and I roll her eyes playfully at her attitude. I need to reach her to lighten up sometime.

"Speaking of surprises, your costumes are in the tent!" Enid grins mischievously as Wednesday pales even more than usual.

"Costume?" She asks with a cringe and Enid nods eagerly, pushing me and Wednesday towards our team's tent to get ready.

And sure enough when we enter there are two skintight black mesh and leather costumes hung up and waiting for us.

Wednesday glances over me with a look of distress and I shrug causally, picking up my costume and admiring the details.

After a few moments of changing into the badass jumpsuit, black face whiskers and black cat ears I come out of the tent to find Wednesday waiting for me looking very annoyed to be in her costume.

I open my mouth to compliment her on how hot she looks but she interrupts me with a a death glare before I can even say anything, so I close my mouth choosing not to test her when she's in her grumpy mood.

"Omg, you guys look puuurfect! Only thing, where are your whiskers?" Enid frowns as she notices Wednesday without face point on like us.

"Ask again and you'll be down to eight lives." Wednesday threatens coldly, causing Enid to sigh and take her arm to drag her over to the pier where the competition is about to start.

Following closely behind them, I look around at the different teams getting ready to race.

One of the boys dorms is huddling in a group with dark purple hoods on doing a last minute pep talk.