Chapter 2

Nova: H-.. Hello. Uhm. I have this note for Frye.

Shiver: FRYE, GET OVER HERE

Frye: MY LEG IS SUFFERING

Shiver: SO? Sorry, shes like a toddler. You can come in if you'd like.

Nova: Sure.

Why can't I speak full sentences? I was perfectly fine with Axel but now I can barely say a few words without stuttering while my hands are shaking and sweating. But I walked into their house and it was gorgeous. I looked to my right and saw Frye sitting on the ground holding her leg with bandages. Big Man was sitting on a bed watching Shiver and Frye argue.

Big Man: Ay ay. (They're a Handful)

I nodded. Frye and Shiver eventually stopped. Then I witnessed the funniest thing ever. Frye started scooting towards me on her butt.

Frye: Shiver told me you had a note?

Nova: Yeah. Here.

I handed her the note. She read it for a minute then hugged my leg.

Frye: Thank you! SHIVER. TAKE THIS NOTE AND PUT IT IN A SAFE SPOT WHERE I CAN READ IT AT NIGHT.

Shiver: FINE

When Shiver put the note down somewhere she stood next to Frye and whispered something in her ear, I couldn't hear it but it made me worry.

Nova: Are you guys alright?

Shiver: Y-Yeah,

Shiver was paying close attention to me, specifically my head, thats when I felt my hair brush against my cheek. I didn't tuck my hair away, now they could see.

Nova: Sorry, I have to go. Someones waiting for me.

Shiver: Wait. What are you?

Nova: ... I uh, really have to get going.

Shiver: No. not until you tell me what you are.

She sat me down on a chair which actually felt nice because my legs still hurt a little bit. Shiver and Frye tried to question me but I tried my best to avoid each question. Thats when I heard footsteps come to Deep Cuts door. Frye scooted to the door and answered it.

Frye: Hello!

???: Hi, My friend left to go here a bit ago but I wanted to check on them since it has been a while.

Frye: Oh yes come in.

Axel walked through the door and as soon as I saw him I jumped up from the seat and hugged him. I started crying a little.

Axel: Hey are you okay?

Nova: yeah.

He patted me on the head. I just clung onto him.

Shiver: We have a few questions.

Axel: Sure I guess.

Shiver: Do you know what she is?

Axel: I think she is human. I know its surprising, I still don't know how it's possible. Her name is Nova and she's probably around 10 or 11 years old so I was going to take care of her.

Shiver: Wow. I would love to get to know her, maybe if she feels better could you bring her tomorrow?

Axel: Sure, then again I do have to work with Crusty Sean.

They waved goodbye to each other and left to go back to Axels apartment.

Axels POV:

Once we got to my apartment I laid her back down on the couch. She was crying which might have drained her energy a bit so she fell asleep. I went over to my room and grabbed a blanket and my squidphone. I laid the blanket on Nova and looked at some videos on my phone for awhile before I decided to go to bed.

In the morning I made myself some cereal while Nova was still sleeping. When I was done eating it was almost time to meet Crusty Sean for work so I carried her in her blanket up to Deep Cut's apartment.

Shiver: Oh, that was earlier than I expected.

Axel: Yeah sorry I didn't realize work was so early.

Shiver: No its okay.

Axel: Thanks. She's sleeping right now so she might be hungry when she wakes up.

Shiver: Alright, you can lay her on my couch.

Axel: Right, Have a good time!

I walked out of their apartment and hurried over to Crusty Seans.

Novas POV:

I could hear the noise of people talking and walking around on wood flooring. I slowly opened my eyes, this wasn't where Axel lived. I sat up and looked around. I could see Shiver and Frye sitting next to each other on the floor. Frye was wearing a tank top and sweatpants while Shiver was wearing a sweater and sweatpants. They must've heard me getting into a sitting position.

Frye: Good morning Nova!

Nova: Wheres Axel?

Frye: Oh he had to go to work so he dropped you off here while you were sleeping.

Nova: ok.

My stomach growled. I barely had anything since that one small pop tart and bottle of water.

Shiver: Do you want food? Big Man can make you some toast if you'd like.

Nova: Sure.

I heard a ding come from the kitchen and then Big man came out with a plate of toast. I was really hungry so I ate it pretty fast. I put the plate down next to me and watched what Shiver and Frye were doing. I think it was a kind of card game or something. When they finished they both sat next to me.

Shiver: We want you to feel comfortable here but to do that can you tell us about yourself?

Nova: Sure.

Shiver: Axel told us that you were human, we've all been taught in school that over 10,000 years ago they went extinct. Do you remember anything from that time?

Nova: No. I don't remember anything other than my name and my age.

Frye: Aw, I'm sorry.

Nova: Its okay. I don't want to be mean but what is this place and what are all of you. Axel mentioned Inklings and Octolings but I don't know what those are.

Shiver: I'm and octoling, i guess you could say the evolved version of an octopus.

Frye: And i'm an inkling! An evolved version of a squid.

Nova: That's cool. Axel told me you guys were famous or something right?

Shiver: Yeah. We hold splatfests, make music, and show the turf war stages for the day.

Nova: Whats a splatfest and what are turf wars?

Frye: A sport. Basically there are two teams of four battling to see who can ink more turf while using a variety of weapons to splat your enemies. Splatfests are when you pick a side and compete in turf wars for your side to win.

Nova: Now thats cool. Can you help me bribe Axel to let me explore this city?

Shiver: I don't think thats the safest thing right now but if we find a way to hide your hair then yeah, only if Axel says yes though.

Nova: :(

Frye: What if we go shopping to get you some clothes and a hoodie to hide your hair! You'd look fresh.

Nova: Sure.

Shiver: Frye, I will go shopping for her you stay here and give her company. Plus you can't walk around with your hurt leg. And no I will not carry you.

Frye: >:( Fine. Only cuz I like Nova.

Shiver got up and left the room. She just left Frye and me sitting on the couch.