Chapter 12

The next morning Big Man came to the door.

BigMan: Ay ay! (Ruby's awake and Shiver wants you to come by.)

Nova: Thanks I'll come in a minute.

I asked Axel and he said it was okay. I then quickly got some clothes on and headed to Ruby. When I arrived to Ruby she looked really tired. I sat on the bed near her. She was in different clothes so she might've noticed the changes.

Frye: She knows.

Nova: I know.

Ruby: what. Ohhhh, Yeah I know. I'm turning fabulous.

Nova: ... Why are you do calm in a situation like this?

Ruby: I'm not. I'm just being positive (dramatic hair toss pick me girl style)

Sometimes she wont take anything seriously. I stayed with Ruby for most of the day but I soon went back to Axel around Dinner time.

Nova: What if there's more humans out there? I mean, why would the Old man now have 3 men to help him and a secret base?

Axel: You're right. But we can't help each and every one.

Nova: Yeah.

I sat down and ate then went to bed. Then a new thought took my mind. Why were the men doing what they were doing? A human is technically prehistoric to these people, most likely a very cool discovery to find one too. Then why would they be doing this?

(Next Morning)

When I woke up at ate breakfast with Axel I remembered the thoughts from last night.

Nova: Those men out there. Why were they doing that?

Axel: Huh? Oh. Well, there are people in the world with strange goals or dreams, even if its something wrong they might have a reason for doing it.

Nova: Seems like they're doing it for fun.

He shrugged. I visited Ruby again and before I entered her room Shiver pointed to her teeth then her fingers. Most likely indicating that it had spread.

Ruby: Nova! I missed you!

Nova: I missed you too! (For the literal one night.)

Ruby: Shiver said something as to their being a pattern in the way that this liquid changes you.

Shiver: Yes actually. For you it started out as an inkling then to an octoling. So Ruby has the teeth of an octoling and red finger tips like me but she will most likely have an Inkling Eye mask and inkling hair. Yellow fading to red.

Nova: Beautiful.

Shiver: I'll leave you two for a little bit.

Nova: Can you stand up?

Ruby: I dunno. I've just stayed in bed.

Nova: How about you try?

Ruby nodded and slowly got out. She stumbled a little when she put her feet on the ground. I noticed she still looked tired so I made sure she wouldn't fall. She took a few steps along the side of the bed but tripped and almost fell. I grabbed her before she fell. I just slowly backed her up and back to bed. Ruby was now a tomato.

Nova: Can I come see you the day it happens?

I pointed at my hair. She was confused at what I meant but nodded after a minute. I stayed for a little bit longer but left soon after. Axel brought out a board game for us to play. That game lasted 2 hours. (We didn't read the instructions) After dinner when I went to bed I closed my eyes and saw into a dream.

(Dream)

I woke up from the alarm I set on my phone. I checked the time and it read 5:50 AM. I sighed but got out of bed and headed to the kitchen. I made myself cereal while the rest of the house was asleep. As I was eating I scrolled through my phone. The same news about the war popped up. I was convinced that now it was over. Until I saw the news about flooding. It was flooding all across the world and we couldn't do anything about it. I headed back to my room to get dressed.

(About an hour later)

I was sitting in my first period class waiting for the bell to ring in 3 minutes. When it finally rang I got up and headed to second period. Once I arrived I noticed there weren't any tables or chairs in the room. Just the teacher and the class. That's when I noticed a hole in the ground with a ladder.

Teacher: I'm sure you are all aware of the war correct? I'm sorry to say that the world is now flooding. We are all being forced into underground bunkers to stay safe. Please don't worry about your family. I can assure you they are safe.

I looked at my friends. Usually they'd make a joke about what would happen but this time they actually looked terrified. I was too. The teacher led us down the bunker and informed us that we can take out phones. The bunker was very dirty but It would have to do if we were staying here.

(1 Day)

The food for breakfast I will admit wasn't bad but the entertainment here is garbage. A few students from other classes came in. I was looking to find Ruby but since her second period was across the school she probably wasn't here. That's when I saw my teacher rushing in and unlocking a door none of us noticed.

Teacher: The flood is going to kill us. If we don't go in here we will die.

She pointed to the room behind the door.

Teacher: But. Only 5 people can go. I will take volunteers.

I raised my hand along with 4 others. Since we were the only ones raising out hands we were chosen. I could see Ruby and one my friends come into the room with me and the teacher.

Teacher: These are cryogenic freezers, A scientist specially made them for us. Unfortunately he couldn't make enough in time. You 5 will know have to enter them.

We did as she said and entered them. We lated down on the cold metal inside. I could see her pressing buttons on them and then the glass fogging up. When she got to mine I saw her press a few buttons. Then I fell asleep.