Chapter 10

(2 months later)

Turns out I didn't need to worry about the man. If he was after Ruby she would be an inkling or Octoling by now. These past 2 months I have been staying with Axel with a few trips to Callie and Marie. Ruby stayed with Shiver, Frye, and Big Man. With this time I've spent I've been able to remember a lot more, do did Ruby. I have been really getting into watching Turf Wars. Axel didn't let try them even though I now know how to go in and out of squid form. But today Is my birthday, and he can't stop me from asking to do turf wars.

Nova: Can I pleaseeee do a turf war? At least help me find a weapon!

Axel: y'know what? I do have a few Sheldon licenses. 

Nova: YIPPIE!

Axel took me to Ammo Knights and it was sooo cool. There were so many weapons everywhere.

Sheldon: I see you're new? Why don't you look around, you can test the weapons too.

Axel: We can test out a few weapons and see which ones you like okay?

Nova: Yeah!

We headed to the shooter section, I tested out the Splattershot and the N-Zap '85, they were pretty good. Then I tested the chargers. I hated them with every molecule in my body. We went to the brushes next, they weren't the worst but not the best. After awhile we tested the rollers. Thats when I chose the flingza Roller. I used it in the testing for a while until I felt ready.

Nova: I wanna compete in a Turf War now! I think I can handle a bit of it.

Axel: One. Only one.

Nova: Alright!

Axel took me to the lobby where we started a turf war. My teammates looked really good at this, but so did the enemies. When we were shot to the ground I started by flicking my roller and inking towards the middle. 2 of my other teammates were their inking the turf. I hid in the ink when I heard an enemy get close, they started to ink our turf so I popped up behind him and splatted him. My first splat. I moved to a different area because he might be expecting me to wait for him to come back. The area I moved in was mostly covered in enemy ink so I started cleaning it. When I was done I saw that someone with a shooter was coming to ink the turf back. I tried to use a vertical flick but missed, I tried again and this time it hit, splatting him. I could tell my special was charged up so I activated the Tenta Missiles. They were really heavy but I quickly used them. From that I got my 3rd splat. One minute later and the game ended. We checked the scored and my team won! Someone from the opposing team approached me, I could tell he was my 2nd splat.

???: Good job! Say, how long have you been doing turf wars?

Nova: This was my first actually.

???: Really? You looked like you have been playing a while. Good luck on future Turf Wars kid!

I waved goodbye at him and turned around to see Axel. I ran up to him and hugged him.

Nova: I won!

Axel: I could see, you're pretty good at this. Lets go home and you can tell Ruby all about it.

Nova: Where do I put my roller?

Axel: Don't worry I have a closet for it.

We walked home and when we got there Axel put away my Flingza Roller and let me go visit ruby. When I arrived at her door I knocked on the door and waited for an answer. Then I saw Frye open the door.

Frye: Hi Nova! Wanting to talk to Ruby?

Nova: Yeah, I actually have news for you and Shiver too.

Frye: YA HEAR THAT SHIVER. GET YO BUTT OVER HERE.

Shiver: finee

Nova: Since it is my Birthday Axel took me to try Turf Wars. And I won!

Ruby, Shiver, Frye: AMAZING!

Ruby got up and hugged me. I hugged back. It felt nice. Then I felt my face get really hot. Ruby slowly slipped out of the hug in a nice way and I could see that she too looked like a tomato.

Shivers POV:

I moved closer towards Frye and whispered in her ear.

Shiver: They're gonna kiss one day. Just wait.

Frye: They Will.

They both looked like tomatoes.

From these past 2 Months Ruby has been telling us more and more about her past. Some stuff was similar to things we have here surprisingly. But there was one thing she wasn't willing to say. Once Nova left I could see that Ruby was zoning out while still blushing.

Shiver: Watcha thinking about?

Ruby: oh-uh-erm- no one- NOTHING.

I giggled

Shiver: It's someone isn't it?

Ruby: NO ONE. NUH UH. I AM A SINGLE PRINGLE HERE.

Shiver: (whispering) Not for long.

Ruby: huh?

Shiver: Nothing. Go get ready for bed alright? Frye's sleeping out here with you tonight.

Ruby: Yay!