Chapter 19

MC.Princess: Yeah, You can ask Agent 8. She's not much of a talker though.

Agent9: Thanks. Maybe later.

I laid there still on my bed for a little longer. Next time I go back to the Squidbeak Splatoon I will ask Agent 8. If she will not speak I will grab a pen and paper. I put my phone on the nightstand and turned the light off. Then I pulled the blankets over my body and went to sleep.

???s POV:

???1: You're not stealing the great Zapfish?

???3: No, they will know it's me. Instead my two new helpers will do the work.

???2: Are you sure you're gonna do this again? The last two times you failed horri-

???3: SPEAK AGAIN ABOUT THAT AND I'LL SEND YOU AWAY.

???2: Y-yes sir.

He put his head down and left. Boss was now in a bad mood. When Boss is mad It's best to leave him be.

???3: You, don't leave, I have a job for you.

He turned around and handed me 4 pictures. 2 were of octolings (possible traitors) and the other 2 were of Inklings. The first Octoling was an adult and the second was only a child. The inklings were children too.

???3: I'll need you to watch them. They're number one on my list of trouble. But be careful, I've heard the children aren't real Cephalopods. They're human. You will capture at least one and bring it to me. Then I shall make them work for me. Or just hold 'em hostage. Got it?

???1: Yes Sir!

???3: Your stuff is in the locker room. Start today.

???1: Got it!

Following the bosses orders I ran to the locker room. This should be a piece of cake. They're children, how bad could this be? I got my gear and headed out to the city of Splatsville.

Novas POV:

This morning was normal as usual, get up, eat breakfast, write in book. In the middle of a sentence my phone buzzed. I picked it up and it was Captain 3.

Captain3: New kettle is found for you guys. Agent11 is already here.

Agent9: Thanks I'll be there soon.

Axel: Whoa where are you going?

Nova: Captain 3 found a new kettle for us to explore.

Axel: Alright be safe.

I got ruby and left. We quickly greeted Pearl and Marina then got dressed.

Agent5: So actually theres 2 but we think one of them has two paths. So we will send one of you down and check. Who's going?

Agent9: Me!

Agent5: Alright, go ahead and grab your weapon and head down.

I grabbed my roller and went down the kettle.

Captian3: Can you hear me?

Agent9: Loud and clear.

Captian3: Do you see 2 pathways anywhere?

Agent9: Nope.

Captain3: Thanks, we'll get the other agents down the other kettle. Go ahead and do yours.

The thought of not having anyone in the same area as me was unsettling. But I went ahead anyways. The first few levels were easy but the last one looked tricky. There were flying Octarians following me paired up with an Octarian with a shield. I inked the ground around me and decided to splat the flying ones first. After I struggled to splat the few of them I made a circle with my ink and hid. I tried to through a splat bomb but the shielded Octarian spotted me. I swam behind a pillar so he wouldn't see me. I decided to charge at it and break it's shield so I can easily splat it. But by the time I broke the shield its weapon shot me in the arm. I knew what it felt like to be hit by ink, it was gross and sticky, but this ink was different, it felt hot and it stung. A lot. I splatted him and moved on. I realized that the stage had ended and the weird structure was at the end again. I hit it with my ink and walked into it. There I was back at the Squidbeak Splatoon base.

Agent5: If you're wondering where everyone is they're in the building again.

Agent9: Thanks.

I grabbed an Ice pack and sat down with 10,11, and 8. They were talking to Agent 8 so I decided when they were done I was gonna ask her something. I pushed the ice pack against my arm to stop the stinging. I lifted the ice pack for a second to see a big bruise on my arm. I put it back. I noticed 8 was coming to an end in the conversation.

Agent9: Hey 8, I have a question.

I grabbed my phone that was luckily still in my pocket.

Agent9: Did you have any part in this?

I held up my phone to the article.

Agent8: DeepSea Metro... Yeah I remember that. If you'd like to know it's something me, Cuttlefish, 5, 6, and Captain 3 were involved in. Actually, that's how 3 got that scar. She doesn't remember anything from the battle. But some evil guy named TarTar I think put mind control goo on her and forced her to battle me. I saved her after and it left a scar. 6 was the one who defeated TarTar.

Agent9: I didn't expect that at all. I'm sorry for what you and her went through, even if it was years ago.

Agent8: It's fine. Though I think it got an impact on 3. Now she barely talks. Only when needed. Actually people say I'm not much of a talker but it just takes time to know people.

Agent9: Oh. OH I GOTTA GET HOME.

Agent10: ME TOO.

Agent11: what.

We I dropped the Ice pack and quickly got changed. Then Ruby and I ran back to the apartments. I waved to her as she ran up the stairs again.

Axel: Just in time for dinner.

Nova: Thanks, but do you have bandages? My arm hurts like hell.

Axel: Yeah, I'll go get them just sit down and start eating.

I did as he said and sat down. He made me macaroni and cheese. Then he came back with a first aid kit. I reached my arm out towards him. There was a huge red spot instead of a bruise. I wasn't paying attention to what he was doing but he did something then put bandages over it. I tried to say Thank you to him but for some reason the words couldn't exit my mouth and I ended up mouthing it. Embarrassed I kept eating. After I wobbled to my bed and fell asleep. After this tiring day I fell asleep fast.