Chapter 4

Callies expression went from overly happy to serious.

Callie: How about you grab your bag and come with me, I have a extra room for you and a surprise.

She was trying to hide whatever she now learned from Marie away from me. I know I may just be 11 years old but I could still tell that somehow either me or Axel were in danger.
Callie showed me to my room and it was really nice.

Callie: Heres the surprise I was just talking about, its a squid phone! Me, Marie, Axel, Shiver, and Frye's number are on there for you.

Nova: Thanks Callie!

Normally I'd never warm up to someone quickly but I dropped my bag and hugged Callie. She hugged back.

Callie: I'll leave you here for awhile. If you need anything just call for me or Marie!

Callies POV:

Callie: Marie. I need more explaining than just "Nova is in danger."

Marie: Fine, only since shes in her room.
Two days ago Axel was on a walk along the beach when he found Nova, completely unconscious and looked hurt. There were bruises along her arms and legs. When he picked her up to get her somewhere safe he saw an Old Inkling staring at him, then slipping away somewhere. Then when Nova mentioned that she noticed that same Man, he became worried that he would be after her. If he is then he'll most likely pop up in the apartment building.

Callie: Then here?

Marie: Yeah. Keep your roller somewhere in the open, I'll keep my charger out too.

If Nova really is getting followed she could possibly die. It's already traumatizing enough to be separated from everyone you once knew into a whole new world. She's only 11 so we shouldn't tell her for a while. Unless it starts to get bad.

Novas POV:

I really want to know what that whole thing was about. It's making me worried not knowing. Even the fact that right away I knew that Callie was the most cheerful and happy person to live immediately became serious by a few words. I wonder if it was something to do with that old man.

Callie: Hey Nova! How are you?

Nova: Good.

Callie: Thats good, I wanna know more about you so what sports or things did you do?

Nova: I don't remember anything except for my name and age but I do remember something about doing mauythai.

Callie: What's Mauythai?

Nova: It's a kind of martial arts.

Callie: Now thats what I call fresh. What do you like to eat?

Nova: Macaroni and Cheese.

Callie: Oh we have plenty of Mac and Cheese here. Don't tell Marie I told you this but despite her being the serious type she acts like a child when given Macaroni and Cheese sometimes.

Now that was unexpected.

Nova: Can you make that for lunch?

Callie: Sure!

The whole day went as normal as you'd expect. We had Macaroni for lunch, watched a few shows (including the Anarchy Splatcast), then I went to bed for the night after dinner.

(The Next Morning)

When I woke up a grabbed my squidphone to check the time 7:33 am.

Callie: Nova! I made waffles!

Nova: Coming!

I slowly got out of bed but sped up a bit because the nice scent of syrup made its way to my nose. When I went to the kitchen I saw 3 plates of the best looking waffles ever.

Nova: Whoa, Thank you!

Callie: No problem!

I sat down and ate the waffles while Callie and Marie also ate silently. When I finished I sat on the couch for a bit. The two were still at the kitchen counter. They had probably finished their waffles because I could hear them talking to each other. I couldn't hear the words but I knew they were talking.

Callies POV:

Marie: When Axel was about to leave his apartment the old man was at his door. He said he was looking for someone. Do you know what this means?

Callie: That he is gonna arrive here in two days?

Marie: Yep. Tomorrow we should tell her so she's prepared.

Callie: Yeah but remember what I told you last night? That kid nows how to fight!

Marie: But if you were listening to what Axel and Deep Cut were telling us Nova specifically said she doesn't remember anything other than her name and age. And one other thing she prefers to not mention

Callie: Yeah.

I feel bad for this kid.

Callie: Do you think she's catching on though? I mean it was a little obvious.

Marie: Maybe. If she says anything you tell me tonight okay?

Callie: Okay.

Novas POV:

They finally stopped talking and Callie sat next to me.

Callie: Sorry Nova, Marie's a big talker sometimes even if she doesn't seem like it.

Nova: It's okay. I have a question though.

Callie: Go on.

Nova: What did Marie tell you that made you leave the happy childish side?

Callie: ... How about I tell you tomorrow? You don't need to know about this right now but I guess if you really want to know just wait until tomorrow morning. For now wanna watch a movie?

Nova: Yeah!

We watched a few movies before lunch which was the left over Macaroni and cheese. Then we watched a really cringy romance movie then a boring movie. A fell asleep half way through. I didn't wake up for dinner and slept through the night peacefully. Callie had to pick me up and carry me to bed. That was a very peaceful night until.

No Ones POV:

Inside of the warm and cozy house of the squid sisters Marie's phone got a text from Axel and Shiver. Marie was just barely awake to read it.

It read: Sorry we couldn't tell you until now but at 3 pm yesterday a little while after the man came to Axels door he arrived at Deep Cut's door, asking the same thing. He will most likely be here today so go wake up Nova right now.

Marie was almost asleep and Callie was snoring in bed which was ruined by an ear piercing scream.