Chapter 24

We were running through sand and rocks for at least 3 miles. But then we suddenly stopped. I was looking around at everyone hoping they'd say something but they remained silent. Agent 8 bent over and whispered in my ear.

Agent8: Listen.

What? What did listen mean? I was listening. Listening for a respons- Never mind. I heard the sound of footsteps on sand. And kicking rocks. Everyone started turning around towards me but looking past me. So I turned around. Some Octoling was charging at us full speed. They had a Splatterscope strapped on their back and a Splattershot in their hand. Agent 8 grabbed me and the other agents grabbed 10 and 11 then dragged us behind 5, and Captain. 5 grabbed out a Splat Brella and Captain pulled out a Hero Shot. The octoling skidded to a stop in front of use. He held his hands up to surrender. 5 started to bring down her Brella but the octoling quickly pointed the Splattershot towards me, Ruby, and Sofia. 5 Immediately brought her Brella back up. Everyone else brought their weapons out and ready.

No Ones POV:

The octoling lowered his weapon and inked the floor beneath him and behind him. He hid in his ink for a minute before Captain shot her Hero Shot close to his puddle. So he hopped out and aimed his weapon again. This time he didn't stand their aiming his gun. He spoke while slowly taking steps closer.

???2: Give me the children.

Agent5: No.

???2: Give me the children.

Agent5: No.

???2: I'm not asking again. Give me the children.

Agent5: And I'm not answering again. No.

???2: *Sigh*

He changed from a slow walk back to sprinting toward us. 5 shot towards him but he ducked? No, he inked the ground and hid. Then popped out and starting hitting Captain. Sofia ran behind him and started to hit him. But 6 shot him away back into his ink. Captain was wiping the ink off her shirt while I saw 5 inking where the octoling inked. Captain then somehow splatted the octoling. Because of that he came out of squid form and laid on the rough sand. Nova and Ruby both wiped sweat off their heads in relief. Yes they did nothing but it was scary to watch. Captain was about to signal for us to continue running to our destination until the ground started rumbling. It started shaking. Intensely. Almost feeling like a humongous earthquake. Nova fell down on her butt and the rest were barely balancing themselves. The ground behind the octoling started to crack. While the crack was increasing in size a static radio noise was emitted from the octoling.

???G: Found Destination. Hold on tight. *Loud Static*

Nova got herself back on her feet when the crack- no hole in the ground started opening. A large fuzzy paw emerged. There was something weird that looked like ink, but looked more like colorful ooze stuck to the fur. It reached for the octolings body and basically impaled him with its sharp claws. Then took it down underground.

Captain3: Did, did that come from Alterna?

Agent5: I think it did. I thought nothing lived down there.

Agent5: Everything's fine. Let's continue our run to our destination.

Everyone: Yes Ma'am!

So everyone continued. Awhile later they finally reached it. The sand was pushed away by a large piece of metal. Probably serving as floor because their was a rectangle box with a screen. Agent 5 decided to see what it was. She held her Splat Brella close just in case. The screen displayed this:

-3 Found
-3 are useful
-3 will be used
-press numbers, one, two, and seven to release bot
-press numbers, nine, ten, and eleven to summon Unknown_GI-Egg
-press numbers four, six, and eight to use mind control
-press numbers three and five to activate all