Chapter 17

Novas POV:

If we're going to participate in this Ruby should probably try out Turf War. But knowing her it might be a little much. I can try to get her to play. The next morning I got dressed and wrote in my book.

Axel: If you're thinking about going back then it's a no. How about Turf War?

Nova: Maybe.. But I think this time I'm just going to the shoal.

Axel: Alright, if I catch you going down that drain you're gonna be in trouble. Unless they specifically need you.

Nova: Okay.

I grabbed my bag and shoes and left to The Shoal. I'm not sure why but walking on the sidewalk I kept eyeing the alleys but there was nothing but garbage lying there. When I arrived to The Shoal I was looking for Sofia. They weren't in the arcade or TableTurf area. I then looked at the area where they sell food, Sofia was eating at one of the tables so I sat with them.

Sofia: Oh hi.

Nova: Hi! I have a question.

Sofia: What is it?

Nova: Did you put in Wilbur for the score board on that video game yesterday?

Sofia: Yeah why?

Nova: I dunno it just sounds familiar...

Sofia: Really? Well I was writing a book a while ago and one of the characters I made was called Wilbur.

Nova: Ohhhh.

Sofia: Say, what was your name again?

Nova: It's Nova.

Sofia: Oh alright. Sorry got a lot on my mind. Like y'know that weird sewer drain thingy out in the square? I heard people talking down there.

Nova: O-oh really?

Sofia: Yeah, I kind of want to check it out soon.

Nova: Maybe, but probably not today. Uhm, do you wanna come over to my house?

Sofia: Sure. As long as it's alright with whoever takes care of you.

Nova: He said yes.

Sofia: Alright!

We both got up and left. On our way home Sofia pointed out the voices coming from the drain. I acted as if I didn't have a clue whats going on down there. When in fact it was Pearl being to loud. Once we arrived Axel greeted Sofia and we all talked for a while. While it was a one on one conversation with just Axel and Sofia I took a close look at her. I thought I noticed something but I think I'm just being weird. Her voice was familiar though. After their conversation I took Sofia to the computer and showed her the book I'm working on.

Sofia: I recognize those characters, I wrote something pretty similar a while back. Now I'm writing a book about dragons!

Nova: Dragons?! I love dragons!

Sofia: Seriously, they're so cool!

Why kept going back and forth on how much we both loved dragons. It was a bit childish but I'll admit I've never met someone who loved dragons so much. We moved to my bedroom and Sofia laid down on my bed. I sat down with my back leaning against my bed.

Sofia: I actually checked out the sewer drain last night.

Nova: Really? What was in there.

Sofia: I'm keeping it a secret. I think I'll go back soon, maybe today. When I leave I'll go eat and then come back.

Nova: Oh okay. I might check it out too.

Oh no, if I go she'll know. I'll change my ink color and style my hair differently then. My voice? Oh well. We spent a while playing some board games which Sofia was surprisingly good at, then she left. I watched out my window for her to go inside a shop and then I left. Actually I went and got Ruby first. I could see Sofia still in the store so we quickly went down the drain. We greeted Pearl and Marina then went to the changing rooms. I noticed my hair turned to the same shade of yellow on my hero suit.

Marina: Since you two are going to be in on this mission you will be Agent 9 and Agent 10.
Agent 11 will be here soon.

Pearl: AND We are Agents 5 & 6.

Guess we'd have to call each other by Agent whatever number they are. I wonder who Agent 11 is. Me and Ruby grabbed our weapons and went to the training area. That's when I heard Marina and Pearl talking again. But not to each other. I looked over and saw a short haired inkling. From what I could hear they were Agent 11. They seemed to have a familiar green hair color. But when they changed it was yellow. Then they came over to us with an Inkbrush.

Agent 11: Hello! Are you two Agents 9 and 10?

Agent 9: Yeah.

Agent 11: That's cool. I actually just got here last night, so I don't know much.

Agent 10: Actually we got here a few days ago so us neither.

Agent 11: Hey Agent 9, you remind of someone I met. I think it was in Turf War.... or maybe at The Shoal.

I thought I was safe for a minute. But the second they mentioned The Shoal I knew who it was. Sofia was Agent 11.

Agent 9: Oh really? I don't think I've met you before.

Agent 11: Can you come with me for a second? I want to talk in private. Is that okay 10?

Agent 10: Sure. Don't be long.

11 sounded serious when she pulled me aside.

Agent 11: I know who you are and I know you know who I am. Stop pretending Nova.

Agent 9: Fine...

Sofia: Mhm. Also I have a question.

Nova: Shoot.

Sofia: Do you remember anything from what happened?

Nova: W-what are you talking about?

Sofia: You know. I know you know. Oh, and the man.

Nova: Y-you mean... The name Sofia was familiar for a reason?

Sofia: Mhm! I remember everything from then. Every detail.

Nova: Uhm. Can we talk later? I'm not ready for this.

Sofia: Sure! Don't mention any of this to 10.

Nova: I wont tell a soul.