Chapter 20

Like always I'd wake up, eat breakfast, and write in my book. When I finished writing a chapter or two I went to the bathroom. I wanted to take off the bandages. They were annoying. I managed to rip it off and the huge red spot was smaller but still red. It was itchy too. But I brushed that off. Today I was gonna go out and play at The Shoal. So I asked Axel.

Axel: Yeah, if Captain 3 or anyone needs you text me that you're going there.

Nova: I will!

When I entered The Shoal I expected Sofia to be in the arcade or TableTurf. She just wasn't here. I decided to learn TableTurf. It looked cool and sounded cool so I wanted to try. When I went in the TableTurf area I looked around and I spotted Shiver! So I walked over there.

Nova: Whoa, can you teach me after this?

Shiver: Yeah.

She seemed really focused. But then once the person she was playing against placed a card down she relaxed herself and leaned back in her chair. She placed a card down then put the 3 cards in her hand down on her lap. The screen on the table showed a line of blue squares pop up in the mess of yellow and blue squares.

Shiver: Finished, I win.

???: How? Damn you're good. I'll go for a rematch later.

Shiver: Alright. Nova go to the worker at the front and tell him for the starter deck plus instructions.

Nova: Thanks.

I went over and asked. He gave me a deck of purple cards then returned to Shiver.

Shiver: So you see, it's just like Turf War. You have 12 turns with your cards to try and cover as much turf with ink. But if it says a card isn't allowed to play you pass it.

Nova: Oh alright! Let's Play!

Shiver: Hold on lemme grab my starter deck..... got it. Now we can start.

I put my deck down and pulled 4 cards from the top. If it's just like Turf War the middle must be important at the start. So I placed a Heavy Splatling down and Shiver put down Flooder. I grabbed another card and then placed down Splat dualies. She put a Splatana Wiper down. Again grabbed another card, this one looked special. I saved it and put down a Tri-Stringer. She put down a Blaster. It almost got into my area so I used a Splat Charger and blocked it off. From there I filled in the turf I was protecting and so did Shiver. When our game ended Shiver pressed a button and it showed a screen with our scores. She had won but I was close to beating her.

Nova: This games hard.

Shiver: Meh, once you play it more It gets easier.

Nova: Well then I'm gonna try and defeat you!

Shiver: First you should work to beat the guy I was up against. He's the best at the game if you exclude me from the picture.

Nova: The i'm gonna try and defeat him then you!

She giggled.

Shiver: Alright, you better head home soon.

Nova: I will.

I grabbed the cards and stuffed them into my bag. Then I left The Shoal and headed back home.

Axel: What games did you play?

Nova: Actually I saw Shiver and she taught me how to play TableTurf.

Axel: Really? I've yet to learn it but I bet it's cool!

Nova: It really is!

We exchanged smiles and I went to my room.

???s POV:

The job the boss gave me sounded easy but it definitely wasn't if you can't even find who you're spying.

???G: Hello, can you hear me?

???1: Loud and Clear.

???G: Good, Have you found the target?

???1: No not yet- wait... I see them!

???G: Where are they?

???1: Entering The Shoal.

???G: Guess you'll have to wait.

???1: Can you keep me company?

???G: Yes- Sorry no, I have a professional here to work. GoodBye Octarian.

???1: DAMNIT! C'MON!!

So apparently who ever that was had left me. Now I'm alone, spying on some kid. This shouldn't be bad, she is just a kid. A while later I saw her exit The Shoal. She was running pretty fast towards an apartment complex. Now I know where she is. Most likely the other two kids might be there too.

???3s POV:

These pieces of trash, always bring me garbage unless I give them something specific. At least one of them will Spy on the girls. Who knows what danger they could bring. Even if they are young.

???4: Boss! Boss! I've caught somebody!

???3: Show me.

???4: Yes sir, here they are!

This little minion dropped me an Inkling boy. He looked maybe around 14 or 15 years old. He looked terrified, that's what I liked. But then he may be weak.

???3: Are you a weakling?

???5: No, No I-I'm an Inkling, I swear I'm strong. I've been doing turf wars for 3 years!

???3: You do? Then you will be of good work to me.

???5: I'm not working for you! Nor am I working for anyone!

He yelled while trying to free his hands and legs from rope that was tied neatly and tight.

???3: *sigh* If you're going to act like this then I guess I can deal with you the hard way. Or the easy way.

???5: What's the easy way?

???3: You work for me. No running away, no being rebellious.

???5: The other option?

???3: I will force you to work for me. It wont feel nice at first but you'll like it.

???5: No... No! I won't work for you, I already said that!

He managed to break the rope around his legs and he slowly got on his feet.

???3: Guess we'll do it the hard way. Callie! Marie!

They came running from two different areas and stood in front of me. The boy looked at them and then me. I could see in his eyes he was not going to give up easily, but somewhere hidden I saw worry. Callie stepped behind the boy and lifted him on her shoulders. Then took him away.

No ones POV:

Callie threw him into a jail cell. Marie but chains around his arms and legs so his back laid against the wall. He was trying to struggle his way out of the chains but that only put him in pain. Marie grabbed something from her pocket and tried to shove it on the inklings face. It dropped, it was a pair of shades.

???3: Hurry up. You're taking too long.

Marie bent down and grabbed the shades again. This time she had her other hand gripped on his forehead, trying to stop him from shaking his head. He started to scream, not loud since his throat hurt from the yelling a while ago. Marie finally managed to shove the shades over his eyes. His body fell limp. His screaming stopped. It was like he fell asleep. Callie took the chains off his limbs and then carried him to a bedroom. It was nice and comfy for him so he was relaxed when he woke up.