Chapter 18

We walked back to Ruby who was practicing with her Splattershot.

Agent 11: We're back, sorry if it took longer than you thought.

Agent 10: Oh that's okay!

I pretended nothing happened and started practicing with my roller. Sofia was running in circles with her inkbrush. I began to think of excuses if Ruby asked me anything. Out of all the ones I came up with I chose to tell her it was a secret in a Turf War stage. After A while we were pretty exhausted so we put the weapons back and hid in the changing rooms. Once Sofia left we changed. We waved at Pearl and Marina then left.

Ruby: I'm getting kinda hungry, can we go to the store to get food?

Nova: Sure. Theres one right behind us.

We walked in and went to the food area. Ruby grabbed a bag of potato chips and I grabbed a bag of Doritos. Then we left back to the apartments after eating.

Axel: How was it?

Nova: Good. I'm thinking about learning Table Turf.

Axel: Really? Well Deep Cut are masters at it so maybe you can ask them and once you get good you can challenge them.

Nova: YEAH!

I walked over to the computer and started writing.

For the next few days Ruby had begged me to take her back to Pearl and Marina but I refused. I didn't want to get in trouble. Instead I followed the rules and spent my days writing. I was already pretty far in the book. Maybe around halfway. My mind was so fixated on this book and the tragic story inside that I completely forgot about the Squidbeak Splatoon. But one day my mind started to run out of ideas for the book. I leaned back in my chair to think. Then I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I took it out and it was a text from Captain 3.

Captain3: We have a mission prepared for you, Agent 10, and Agent 11. Please come to the hide out and if Axel asks anything show him this text.

Agent9: On our way.

I got my shoes on and ran out of the house to get Ruby. Before we left the apartment complex I showed Axel the text then left. Once we got there we quickly changed and grabbed our weapons. I saw Sofia standing next to me.

Agent5: You 3 will take action in the first part of this mission. You will go through that kettle. Instruction will show once you enter.

Agent6: Go beat up those Octarians!

We nodded and left. When we entered the kettle we were standing on top of a floating platform that splits into 3 directions. Sofia went left and Ruby went right. I guess I'm going forward then. I could hear a voice speaking in my right ear. Though I don't recognize it.

Captain3: I guess I'm instructing you. You can break those crates with your roller. They'll give you power eggs. Also watch out for Octarians.

She sounded tired. But I did as she said. I kept going forwards when I saw purple ink splat the ground really close to me. I looked up and there was what I think is an Octarian flying and shooting ink at me. I jumped and used a vertical flick twice before I splatted it. This stage was surprisingly easy, there was a few Octarians in my way but I splatted each and every one. When I reached the end there was this weird thing that was floating in a bunch of pieces.

Captain3: Oh you're at the end now. Just ink it then walk into it.

Well that was easier than I thought. I did just that and I was transported out of the Kettle. I saw Agent 10 and 11 were also out. 10 had a bruise on her cheek and 11 had a bruise on her arm. We walked back to Agents 5 and 6.

Agent5: Good job! I see two of you have been hit with ink so you can grab an icepack out of the cooler to help with the stinging.

10&11 nodded and grabbed Ice packs.

Agent5: Since you three did so good you can go into the building over there and hang out with the other agents. Maybe you can get to know them.

Agent9: Thanks!

We walked over to the building and saw everyone there. 3, 4, and 8.

Agent4: How was it?

Agent10: Ouchie.

Agent4: Oh yeah, it'll sting but eventually you'll get used to it. How about you 9?

Agent9: I thought it was gonna be hard but it was surprisingly easy.

Agent4: Really? I struggled a lot on my first kettle.

We talked for a little bit then we went and got food. When I was walking back to the table where 10 and 11 were sitting I caught a glimpse of Captain 3. I noticed she had bright orange eyes, or an eye because the left side of her face that was covered in a teal scar also had a teal Eye. I also noticed that the color moved over her hair. I wonder what happened. Though it probably wouldn't be polite to ask her or anyone else.

Agent10: Are you ever wondering what happened to Captain3?

Agent9: Yeah I was actually just thinking of that.

Agent10: Should we ask.

Agent9: Maybe not, I don't think it'd be polite.

Agent10: Oh yeah.

We finished our meal. We did leave after that as we realized we spent too long. Axel should have told Shiver as they should be home by now.

Axel: You wanna tell me what you did?

Nova: My first Kettle, whatever that is.

Axel: Did you do well?

Nova: I think.

Axel: Alright.

I sat on my bed and I searched up Callie from the Squid Sisters Missing. Mostly what happened with both Callie and Marie showed up. But I saw one single article from a few years back. It showed a few things from Off The Hook and something about the DeepSea Metro closing down for months after Callie was found. It didn't have much information so I grabbed the link and sent it to the Group Chat. With it I asked if anyone could explain.

DJHyperfresh: Sorry It's information that's hidden for now.