Chapter 13: Strangers

Third POV

Carlotta spent a week in her new room that Slenderwoman gave her after the battle with Jeff. The slenders were confused as to why it took the girl so long to heal, but Carlotta was thankful that they didn't run tests on her.

Right now the teen is laying in her bed with Scarlett resting on her stomach. The girl was surprised to see that her new room looked exactly like her old one. Everything she owned was already set for her. It was unsettling in her opinion. Just how long were the slenders planning on kidnapping?

That question aside, she refused to leave her room. She doesn't remember much from the fights, only the one against Jeff. She's starving but still didn't want to face a bunch of strangers. She didn't want to have her guard up 24/7. Even in the comfort of her room, she feels on edge.

The deep growl from the girl's stomach and a gentle knock of the door causes her to breakout of those thoughts. She flints, hesitant on even walking to her door. Scarlett thought the same as she begins hissing.

"I-Its me Toby....th-there's food for you to eat y-ya know...", The soft voice of the male spoke.

Carlotta slowly steps out of her bed and goes to her door, opening it only to crack to look at whoever this male is. She studies him, glancing at him from head to toe. The male stood a few inches taller than her, a mask covering most of his face- leaving a quarter of it out. He has sandy brown hair and deep chocolate eyes. Carlotta tilts her head, opening her door up a bit more. He doesn't appear threatening in her eyes.

Toby clears his throat, scratching the back of his neck. He grew a bit nervous from the girl's stare. He couldn't denie that he found the teen gorgeous. Her purple-pinkish eyes shining brightly at him as her multi colored chair laid wavy down her back. She wasn't showing much in her sweatpants and hoodie, but the male could still notice her shape. He quickly moves his gaze to her black cat that stared at him also.

"I-I noticed you haven't been o-out if your room since the f-fights....I'm s-sure you're hungry. There's n-no point in starving yourself t-to death." Toby sighs, wanting to reason with Carlotta.

Carlotta was about to refuse but her growling stomach gave her away. She grumbles, leaning down to scoop up her cat- gently holding her in her arms. "fine....lead the way. I don't know my way around here.." she said, her tone flat.

Toby nods, placing his hands in his pockets as he walks down the hall. Carlotta notices his eyes twitching from time to time, and his stuttering didn't float over her head either. "Why are you all glitchy?" She asked, not caring if she offended him or not.

The male chuckles though, turning his head to glance at her as he takes a turn down- leading to another long hallway. "I-I have tourette s-syndrome. It causes the nerves i-in my body to twitch. I have n-no control over it. I also h-have congenital in-insensitivity to pain." He shrugs.

"That's why you never filched during our fight..." Carlotta whispers.

Toby nods his head, making another turn voices from the distance signifying that they're getting closer to the kitchen and living room. Carlotta becomes more tense as the voices grew louder. She debates on rushing back into her room and starve herself to death. However, the feeling of her cat curled up in her arms changes her mind.

The male notices her change in mood and sighs, "I-I know none of this is ideal, but you'll g-get used to it. I struggled too when I-I was brought here. Couldn't trust any-anyone, always l-looking over your shoulder..."

"Yeah, I'm feeling way better now." She said sarcastically.

Toby chuckles, slowing his steps as he turns to look at her. "Some p-people here are cool. N-nice to talk too and waste t-time with. Just...be c-careful." He warns gently before entering the living room.