Chapter 18: Distance

Third POV

Carlotta's punishment was severe. She's been beaten, tortured, and experimented for three days straight. To say her body and mind were in distress would be an understatement. She didn't get a glimpse of sleep during the three days since Slenderwoman didn't require sleep to function properly. The remainder of the days were spent locked in the same isolation room as before. No windows included. Just Carlotta, her unhinged thoughts, and the bugs crawling over her skin.

She somehow managed to get through it all, only having Jeff on her mind to keep her going. She didn't regret what they did, she never would. It was the most fun and pleasurable say she's had in a very long time- honestly the only good day in her life. And after seeing Jeff lay unconscious on the floor from before, she feared the worst. If anything were to happen to Jeff, she'd be completely lost.

Currently, Carlotta has been ordered to stay locked in her room for another week- to reflect on everything. She never felt that bored before in her life, and the isolation was really getting to her. It's how she lost her sanity in the first place- being forced into a space filled with nothing but darkness and bugs, that would make anyone lose it.

Today is her last day being locked inside. She wasn't told who would be coming to get her out, she'd hope it would be toby- the only other male she's familiar and comfortable with. She wishes it would be Jeff, but she knew better. The slenders would try to keep them apart at all cost, Carlotta knew that so she didn't get her hopes up too high.

A soft knock comes from her door, breaking her from her thoughts. She stays in bed until hearing scratches on the door. With a raised brow she moves to open her door, gasping softly.

"I-I guess she's very impatient." Toby smiles, handing carlotta to carlotta.

In the mist of all that has happened, scarlett completely slipped her mind, she feels horrible to do such a thing to her very first friend. The kitty jumps into her arms, snuggling herself against her chest. Scarlett purrs calmly as carlotta pets her.

She looks at toby, smiling. "Thank you...She slipped my mind after all that happened. I'm shock no one tried to kill her.." carlotta says honestly.

"W-Well masky tried...many t-times so I kept h-her in my room until well, n-now. She's been f-feed and cleaned t-too." Toby explains, stepping aside so carlotta could walk out. "Cl-Clockwork is cooking dinner this time. Th-thknk you'd want a fresh m-meal."

The teen nods, slowly stepping out of her room, scarlett clinging to her. "Thank you..for watching over scarlett. I know she can be a bit of a handful, so im shock she even felt you bathe her."

"W-well she fought the whole way th-throught, but I knew you'd b-be pretty exhausted." He explains, both of them getting closed to the lounge.

Carlotta giggles, looking down at scarlett who looks at her with her big doe red eyes. "I bet. But I very much appreciate it.."

Toby nods his head as the two walk through the living room and into the kitchen. Toby greets clockwork and bloody painter, both cooking homemade burgers. The two look at Carlotta, clockwork smiling while bloody painter just stares at her.

Clockwork washes her hands, drying them as she approaches Carlotta. "Hi! I hope you like burgers, we have to make basic meals like this since they're so many of us- but at least everyone loves them." The brunette said with a bright smile.

"Did that hurt? The wrist watch in your eye, did it hurt getting that in? Wouldn't it have gotten infected?" Carlotta asked bluntly, pointing to her clock eye.

"Those are very rude questions to ask." The painter said, his eyes twitching in annoyance. "Do you even have manners? Do you know any?"

Carlotta looks at him, tilting her head. "No I don't. I didn't have parents teach me. I raised myself."