#22

KHUMBULANI
# 22
# Narrated
"This is Agent Martins, I have been successful in our search. The woman behind the door, I have found her... Her name is...."
Mandla paused the video as he heard someone knocking.
Khumbulani:Who is it?
Mandla:I don't know, ignore it.
He pressed play again.
" She calls herself "The Narrator". I am currently seeking an emergency strike team... I am under seige.. I repeat, I need back up"
The video glitched and they heard Martins screaming. The video ended and they both looked at each other confused.
Mandla:The Narrator???
Khumbulani:I have a plan.
Mandla:Let's hear it..
Khumbulani:We need to get her out of that room and talk to her. This is bigger than we thought.
Mandla:How do we do that?
Khumbulani:We open the door, all of us, at the same time.
Mandla:All of us as in?
Khumbulani:All of us connected to this mess. Me and you.
Mandla:How are you connected to it?
Khumbulani:Dude.. I was here when The Queen got swallowed by her. Doesn't that make me connected?
Mandla:I hate it when you make sense.
Khumbulani:I was doing research yesterday on the net on some paranormal site.
Mandla:Okay, so will you call your wife to open it? Or you will go there??
Khumbulani:No I will ask Nakia.
He stood up and called Nakia..
Nakia:Hello..
Khumbulani:Babe are you home?
Nakia:Yes, do you need something?
Khumbulani:Yes, can you open all the doors in the house?
Nakia:Uh... Why??
Khumbulani:Just do as I ask, please...
Nakia:Okay....
She went around the house opening every door, but got stuck to one that was not opening.
Nakia:One of the guest room is not opening babe..
Khumbulani:Okay stay there, I will tell you when to open it again...
Nakia froze and tilted her head to the side...
Khumbulani:Nakia are you still there??
She blinked her eyes and frowned, wondering what was happening.
Nakia:Yeah I'm here. Did you say anything?
Khumbulani:Yes, I said stand there and wait for me to tell you to open the door.
Nakia:Are you sure? Have you watched the video?
Khumbulani:Yes, the woman behind the door is called The Narrator. Did you know?
Nakia:A little bit...
Khumbulani:Okay, hold on...
He went to Mandla and told him to stand up.
They went to the closed room.
Khumbulani:This is it.. It's now or never...
They both looked at each other, breathing heavily..
Khumbulani:3....2.....1.....Open it....
Nakia and Mandla simultaneously opened the door, but struggled with it at first. They pushed harder and it slowly opened up. She pushed it open.
Nakia:It opened.
She exclaimed somehow happily.
Mandla:Me too, I opened it....
Mandla put a brick on the door, to prevent it from closing.
Khumbulani:You can close it. I will see you later... I love you....
He hung up. He looked at Mandla and they walked inside...
They were welcomed by loud typing, more like fighting with the computer. The woman, looked back at them and gasped. Wait.... How did he... How did they...?? No no this can't be happening..... I look back to the computer and type but nothing... How did they get in here???
"Mam, can you stop your typing?", one of them say to me.
I am breathing in hiccups right now, trying to fix this mistake that's happening. It must be a typing error, I didn't see this coming.
I click the keyboard and type in the words, "Khumbulani tells Mandla that they should forget about all of this and find other ways to open the door", my computer glitches and I almost smash it..
I turn back to them in anger, and storm to Khumbulani. I poke him with my finger.
"Do you have any idea what you two have done!?", I ask fuming.
Khumbulani:We... We just need answers..
Mandla:You're the woman in the picture...
Is he asking or what!???
"YOU NEED TO LEAVE NOW!!!", I shout..
Nothing happens, they should be gone after I have commanded them to leave! What have these two done?? I run back to my chair and my computer was dead, the screen was blank... Nooooo!!
I touch my face and run my hands on the screen..
I feel a hand touching me on my shoulder, and then I'm lifted up by strong hands..
I scream in fear and panic as someone pins me into a chair. It's Mandla, he ties me down with a rope. Khumbulani looks at him wondering what the hell he is doing..
Khumbulani:Dude....
Mandla:We can't let her get away. She will tell us everything we need to know.
I look at them as they bicker like children. Oh they are so grown! It feels like just yesterday when I was welcoming them to the world!
Mandla:We know you are called "The Narrator".
"Yes that's right", I nod.
Mandla:I just need honesty from you that's all. We have went around like idiots trying to open that door!!! What were you doing in there!? And who are you!?
Narrator:Like my name says, I am The Narrator. I narrate your lives, and write down everything that happens. I technically watch over you.
They looked at me like I'm crazy.
Mandla:You're lying, only God watches over us..
God!? What is that? Is it a new recipe for stew?
Narrator:God??
Mandla:Lady I don't have time to play, who are you??
Narrator:I am the Narrator, I watch all that is happening and narrate it. Everything that happens, I narrate it. Since you two have taken me out of that room, just know that no one is watching the world..
Khumbulani:I don't know whether this is a prank or what.....
Narrator:I report everything to the Higher Being.
Khumbulani:The Higher Being?? What is she talking about? Mandla this woman is crazy.
Narrator:Khumbulani you are the one who called me here, I had left years ago and went home. But you called me back again.
Khumbulani:I called you back?? I don't even know who you are!!
I looked at Mandla and he was really clueless. I laughed a little. When is he going to tell him that he killed his family?
Mandla:My dad. Do you know him? He is the one who gave me your picture..
I blinked, I remember him. I don't know how he managed to take a picture of me, but I have taken care of him. I just didn't know he left that picture behind. By the time I noticed, Mandla was deep in his search. So I had to do everything, to drive their attention away from me. But it seems I didn't do a good job. There is a reason the door is kept closed! Because no one is supposedto know. They have compromised me!
.
.
To be continued...
Short I know. Please comment!