Chapter Thirty Six

@DakotaMyers5

Okay, my lovely readers, as promised, it is soon. So, Rick Riordan owns PJO/HOO. On with the love!

Chapter Thirty Six: Receptions and Honeymoons

Point of view: Third Person

Artemis looks into Percy's eyes and he knows that she's already nervous, just as much as he is. He leads her back down the aisle, with Raphael following, even though the other newlyweds are still kissing. The doors open for them at the end of the aisle and he leads her out into the reception. She smiles at him and he guides her over to the silver and navy blue seats set up for them. The Hunters all come out along with Nico and fill the seats at the table, leaving the other empty seats for the Guardians if they want to sit with their patron for a little while. The Companions turn into their human forms and sit next to their Guardians.

"Perseus." Artemis starts.

"Yes, my Moon?" Percy responds immediately.

She giggles. "I've been meaning to ask you something."

"What is it?" He asks curiously.

"Do the Protectors and Tenders get Companions as well? Or is it just Guardians that get them?" Artemis asks.

Percy starts laughing and stops abruptly when he sees Artemis's facial expression, but chuckles a little bit. "Yes, I just haven't had the time. I was planning to take care of it after..." He looks away.

Artemis blushes and looks down at the table. "Oh." She squeaks.

Before any of the newlyweds, other than Raphael and Aphrodite because it was the love goddess's idea, they are all handcuffed to their respective lover. "Aphrodite!" Artemis yells in indignation.

Percy laughs under his breath and Artemis glares at him, his eyes alight with amusement. He makes Artemis sit down slowly and pulls her closer. "Relax, Artemis." He says softly and she sighs. "It's not like you're handcuffed to your brother. You should feel more for Clarisse. The poor girl." Artemis giggles at that.

"True." Artemis allows, but Percy knows she's not going to let it go.

"Am I as bad as your brother?" Percy asks her kindly.

The moon goddess sighs and the huntresses giggle. "No." Artemis admits.

"Then what's the matter? It's not confining, either of us can easily remove them no matter what Aphrodite says, they are a symbol, and in some situations, a tradition. Besides, I quite like the idea, as long as it's with you and you alone. You don't see me fighting against it and I hate being restrained." Percy tells her and Artemis melts.

"Oh, alright. If it's okay with you." Artemis consents. Percy chuckles and kisses her cheek, making her blush.

"Thank you, Perseus!" Aphrodite squeals.

Percy rolls his eyes. "Just as long as you know I will take them off if something happens."

"That's fine by me." Aphrodite grins.

"How long do we have to keep them on?" Artemis asks in irritation.

"Until you are ready." Aphrodite says.

"Well then can I please take it off?" Artemis asks.

Percy looks away from Artemis but replies before Aphrodite can with a smart remark. "She means on the honeymoon, Artemis. At night."

Artemis turns gold. "Okay."

"So, how about we get this reception started off with a bang?!" Ares hollers and everybody cheers, the table where Percy and Artemis being the quietest.