Chapter Twenty-Three

Yay! Another chapter my lovely readers!

Chapter Twenty-Three: In His Head

Point of view: Perseus Jackson

The dark.

It envelopes my body, clouds my sight, muffles sounds. I only feel the heat in my veins. I'm floating through a void like a feather.

'We are back!' Comes a sickly sweet voice.

My lower back burns hotter, but I notice the connection wavers. Then the other missing scar spots burn, but they start to weaken. My spinal cord feels like snapping. I can feel my body again. I'm writhing, my back is arched, and my hands clench into and out of fists. Someone slips their hands into mine and I grip them like a vice. Their hands tighten around mine.

The hands that hold onto mine and I unto them like a lifeline, they are cold. Deathly cold. They cool my body down quickly. Then I realize the hands are warm, but they are sending cold pulses of energy though me. It does nothing for where the marks used to be, but they are cooling down slowly on their own. They try to pierce at my soul, but it has been cleansed. They cannot penetrate it, they are losing. My back is still arched and I can speak. But I choose not to so I can listen to the frantic voices resounding in my head.

'We return!' One cackles.

'Coming for you!'

'Be ready, my broken hero.'

'You will turn to our side."

I reach out and speak to them. 'My loyalty lies with the gods! I'll never switch! Crawl back to the depths from which you come from! Return to the Pit!' I put venom into the thought.

'Sorry sweetie. But we need you to complete the final process.' I know that voice. Annabeth.

I growl. 'What process?' I ask.

'We'll give you the details topside. We're using your soul to return. So thanks for falling for the girl.'

I snarl out loud and internally. 'I was naive. It won't happen again.'

"What's going on? Percy, can you hear me?" I hear a man yelling, Apollo.

"Percy!" Some girl shrieks, Thalia.

"What's wrong with him?" That is Artemis.

'Hang on to your soul. We don't want to lose our pawn yet.'

'I am no one's pawn. And you cannot touch my soul. I may have been your doorway, but it is there no longer. My soul has been wiped clean of your tainted hands. Even now your power fades as it realizes it won't leave with my soul.'I tell the voices as they come into view.

The ones who mainly took part in my time down in that forsaken hole. I see the Titans, the two Primordials, the Giants. And I see Annabeth.

My Brand glows on my forehead and my vision self glows in a silvery-white. They all hiss. 'I will not allow you to return through my soul. You fail and if you do make it up to the mortal world, I will be there to end you permanently.' I glow brighter. 'It's time I show you, why my soul is no longer connected to yours!' I scream at them.

The light explodes from me and they start blinking in and out.

'He's become the Guardian of that witch of a goddess Artemis.'

'We will kill her first.'

'Hold on to your souls, my light extinguishes evil and it isn't merciful.'