Chapter Thirty Eight

Rick Riordan owns PJO/HOO. Here we go, my lovely readers.

Chapter Thirty Eight: Telling The Family

Point of View: Third Person

Artemis wakes up before Percy this time and starts to wonder what her father is going to think. He looked appeased and happy enough at the wedding, so...he's got to be expecting kids, right? It worries her because of what her father is known for. She looks up at Percy's peaceful face and smiles, knowing it is truly what she wants.

She caresses his cheek and his eyes fly open. She giggles and he relaxes at the sound. "Did I startle you?" She asks.

He chuckles. "No, I am a light sleeper, my Moon."

"It doesn't seem like it." She points at him and replaces her hand on the side of his face.

"Maybe not, but I am ready for a threat at an time." He whispers and holds her closer.

She sighs. "Will you ever truly be able to let go and just relax?"

His eyes turn dark and he looks away from her with pain on his face. "You do not want me to answer that question, my Moon. It would hurt you to know."

"Please, tell me. I promise it will not bother me." She begs.

He shakes his head. "You do not understand. My answer would be devastating to you. I do not want that for you."

"Percy." She says and he groans at the way she uses his name.

He looks into her eyes. "I would only be able to relax if I was being tortured again, Artemis. I would know that no one else is being hurt, know that nothing else can happen as long as they are appeased with hurting my soul,and knowing that others are safe because I can make a deal."

She freezes. "What?"

He sighs and holds her face in one hand. "There would be one other way, but you would have to push me to get it to really happen. The threat to our world would have to be over. You would have to be completely safe, along with all those I love." his voice breaks on the last word.

She knows she might have pushed too far, but she sees he is not holding it against her. He wants to give her everything, even if it does hurt her, which he doesn't want. He's at a stalemate until she tells him he's okay. "It's alright, Percy. I am fine. What about you?"

He nods, not saying anything more. He just holds her closer.

"What are we going to tell my father? Oh..." Artemis starts and then realizes something.

Percy starts laughing some as he hears her thoughts. "You mean our father?" He chuckles. "I am adopted, Artemis, not his by blood. I am not even Hera's by blood. I am your adopted sibling, but really I am your cousin." Then he moves to whisper in his ear. "Godly blood doesn't count anyway, not for me. Even though I did get turned into one, it's of my own blood, not Poseidon's. Don't worry about it."

She calms down some and finds that he is right. "What are we going to tell father though?"

Percy sighs. "I have no idea. But I will take care of it."

"And my brother?" Artemis prompts.

"I'll kill two birds with one stone. You don't have to be in the room when it happens." Percy tells her and she breathes a sigh of relief.

"I am going anyway." She says and he nods.

"Do you think Apollo is back by now or would you like to wait until it's nearly impossible for them not to know?" Percy asks, giving her a choice.