Chapter Twenty-Six

Come along now my lovely readers.

Chapter Twenty-Six: Meeting of the Minor Gods.

Point of view: Perseus Jackson

I look at Iris and then at all the various minor gods and goddesses who surround me. "Why would you want to talk about me? The thanking part I undrstand even though don't have to, but why talk to me about myself?" I ask and spin around to keep an eye on all of them.

Iris put a hand on my shoulder again. "Calm down. We are only here to help you as you did us, well them. I did not participate in the war, but you get my point."

"Help me?" I ask nervously.

"Yes." Nemesis smiles at me. Bad. Goddess of Revenge smiling at someone is bad. I shake my head and remain silent. "Don't be so stubborn." Nemesis slaps me.

"Nemesis!" Iris scolds.

"Oh please Iris. It's not like he is going to do anything." Nemesis starts arguing with Iris.

I just stare at the two goddesses and Hypnos comes to stand beside me. "We truly do want to help you." Hypnos yawns.

"What exactly do I need help with?" I ask through gritted teeth.

"Regaining your missing sense of mercy. Artemis restored your pride and she and the Hunt restored your emotions." Morpheus says, standing on my other side.

"You were so cold and angry. I could feel you most of all in my domain." Ariana, goddess of colors and emotions walks up to me. "Void of everything but spite and sarcasm." She frowns.

"He had a right to be." Morpheus tells her.

"Yes, poor child." Ariana agrees.

"Look, this is all very touching that you have kept tabs on my well-being, but you don't need to." I say.

"We are helping you no matter what. We don't like having debts." Nemesis turns back to me.

"Neither do I. But some debts I cannot repay because of the simple fact that the people I owe are dead. Life goes on Lady Nemesis and I have no intention of letting more gods tamper with my life because of my past." I tell her. "I have had enough pity to last me the rest of my immortal life."

"Suck it up. You're getting our assistance." Iris says.

"Great. Assist me by leaving me alone." I snap at her and walk down the riverbank after pushing past a few minor gods. They all follow me. I take another step and the scenery around me goes dark. "Morpheus! Hypnos!" I yell in anger and I hear chuckling. Iris, Nemesis, and Ariana appear in front of me.

"Now that you can't get away, you must listen to us." Ariana says.

I scoff and start walking through the darkness. They follow along beside me. I pick up the pace until they have to settle with trailing behind me by ten feet. "Stop walking around Perseus." Morpheus's voice complains from all around me. Hypnos yawns and all the other gods and goddesses I cannot see laugh and giggle.

"Why, does it make it harder for you to keep me here if I do? Must I run in circles to break this cursed spell?" I retort and he huffs angerly.

Hypnos answers grudgingly, "Yes."

"Wonderful." I grumble and keep walking.

"Percy. Not only is your mercy missing, but most of your compassion and purity." Iris tells me as Nemesis tackles me to the ground. I growl at her, but don't stop her from pinning me down to the ground.

"Won't fight back, huh? Have you grown complacent?" Nemesis asks curiously, but I know she's teasing me.

I snarl at her. "I don't fight women. The only exceptions being that witch, Gaea, and monsters. It's against what I believe to fight you unless you harm those close to me."