Chapter 5

Ashar stared at her as Meera ran away from the place. He looked at her father and nothing gave him more satisfaction that seeing him so broken and on his mercy.

He looked him in the eye and smirked.

"I won"

He mouthed to him and went away.

He came back to his chamber and but on  the way he saw Arham with a girl. She was wearing a Hindustani attire. They both looked lost in their conversation. Ashar just looked at them once and then went away to his room and told a soldier to call Arham.

A few moments later he saw him entering the chamber.

"Baadshah-e-salamat"

"I am getting married tomorrow"

"Maharaj maan gye?"

(The king agreed)

"Unke maane ya na maane se koi farak nahi pdhta."

(Nothing changes with his concent.)

"Congratulations your majesty"

"We are getting married with the hindustani traditions. There should be no problem with the queen's welcome back home. Spread the word, baadshah will be returning back with his begum."

"As his majesty commands, I shall leave now."

He walked out with a smirk. Bastard.
Ashar shook his head with a light chuckle and went off to bed.

....................................

Meera continued sitting in her room with all kinds of thoughts roaming in her head

Meera continued sitting in her room with all kinds of thoughts roaming in her head. She doesn't want to marry him, and she did not appreciate his behaviour with her father at all.

But she knows that what she is doing can bring peace between the nations, and if not there will be a huge war.

Niharika came in and looked at her being in deep thoughts as she lightly combed her hair looking aimlessly in the mirror.

"Your highness."

Meera looked up and smiled.

"Stop with the formalities niharika. I told you to stop calling me that."

"Well you order goes against the royal protocol."

Both let out a light chuckle as niharika sat down beside her on the chair across the dressing table.