Chapter 16

Ashar has been the most caring person to meera for the past weeks. They talk every night, Just about random things. He tells her about his court meetings, his life stories, his war expeditions but one thing he never talks about is his childhood.

And she never asked about it, he seems to feel uncomfortable while talking about his childhood so she never asked about that.

They sometimes take a walk in the flower gardens. He tries to show interest in whatever she is talking to him about.

Kareem would go back next week. Her husband had gone back after the wedding but he and his brother were coming back. They would stay here for a week and then return back.

They got ready to welcome them, as the queen mother, kareem, the former king and his aunt moved towards the gate.

Ashar was in a court meeting, something was happening but meera had no idea about it. One thing she noticed about the palace is that they welcome people with open arms. A big and grand welcome for everyone that comes, so Ashar not attending it was a big question.

She also got ready and moved towards the gate, she saw Kareem looking joyas, since morning She was smiling And her children, 5 year old Aariz and 1 year old Maryam, both the kids were excited to meet their father.

Little Aariz was jumping up and down as she held his hand moving towards the gate.

"Maami Jaan aap janti hain humne aabu ko bahut yaad kia. Jab vo aayenge toh hum unhe zor se gale laga lenge"

(Maami Jaan, you know I missed dad alot. When he will come I will hug him tightly)

She laughed hearing him talking in his baby voice. He looked so cute with his face adorned in a beautiful and adorable smile.

They reached the gate as the triumphs blew. The king and his brother got down from the horses as they first met the queen mother then the former king and then his aunt.

Humza came as he hugged Maryam. She smiled brightly hugging him back as Aariz ran towards his father. He picked him up twirling him around.

He picked up Maryam in his other arm as meera came forward to greet him. The other man which she presumed was his brother came forward greeting Maryam .

Humza introduced him to the family, she thought he came here for the first time. Meeting everyone in the family they came towards her.

"Inse miliye Meera. Ye hain hamare chote bhai Nadeem.

(Meet him Meera. He is my younger brother,  Nadeem)

"Aur ye hain hamare ashar ki malika, Meera"

(And this is Ashar's wife Meera)

"Assalamualaikum malika "

She greeted him back. He was a tall man with slight beard, while looking intimidating with his hair cut short.

They came back to the chambers as they had to get ready for the lunch. Kareem's family would stay there for a week before leaving back to their kingdom. Although there kingdom was not very far away it still takes atleast a week to reach there, so she comes here twice a year.

Meera was getting ready when Ashar came inside. He was wearing a white kurta, his forehead was sweaty and his breathing was slightly uneven. Maybe he was was practicing sword fighting.

"Did you meet humza bhaijaan and  Nadeem?" She asked.

"Yes, I just came from their chamber"

nodding her head she got back to wearing her bangles. She eaas wearing a red lehenga with golden embroidery at the bottom. The blouse was a little deep which she covered with the dupatta.
She wore a heavy mangteeka with a nosering, earings and a necklace. The nuptial chain, rings and a waistchain.

Ashar came back after getting ready

Ashar came back after getting ready. He was wearing a heavily embroidered black shervani with his huge overcoat which was embedded with jewels. He came forward taking her hand into his and kissed it lightly muttering "beautiful" She bit back a smile and looked up at him.

"Let's go"

They both moved towards the great hall where the food was arranged. As they reached there, every body was sitting in there respective places. The first two chairs were empty. Ashar and her moved towards their seats as everyone greeted them.
He sat down and everybody started eating.

"Meera, aap janti hain ki Ashar aur Nadeem ki bachpan Mai bahut achi dosti thi lekin jab dono 15 saal ke hue tab se dono ko ek dusre se baat karna tak gawara nahi hai."

(Meera do you know, Ashar and Nadeem are friends since childhood but when they turned 15 they stopped taking.)

"But why?"

"Hum nahi jante magar tabhi toh kareem ke nikkah ke baad aaj pelhi baar aaye hain Nadeem yahan."

(I don't know but since Kareem's marriage he came here for the first time)

She just nodded her head at the jewelry found information. Not that she had much to say about this anyway. After everybody finished eating they moved towards the mehfil.

It was for the family. Songs and dances were performed. The singers sat on their permanent seats and they played soft music throughout.

As she and kareem were taking little Aariz came saying that Maryam was crying. Kareem went with him as meera found herself looking for ashar, moving her eyes across the room she spotted him taking to humza.

"Assalamualaikum malika"

She turned around as she saw Nadeem standing there with a wierd expression.

"Toh aap hain Ashar ki Malika. Hume laga nahi tha ki unki aapki jaise khoobsurat malika hogi"

(So you are ashar's wife. I never thought that he will marry such a beautiful woman)

She just smiled awkwardly.

"Vesi hum aur Ashar bachpan ke dost hain. Lekin aapke shohar ko najane humse kya shikayat hai. Dekhiye abhi bhi kaise ghoor ke dekh rahe hain"

(Well me and Ashar aur friends since childhood but I don't know what problem he has with me. Look how he is glaring at me)

She looked around and saw ashar digging holes in his body with his gaze. He said something to humza and started walking towards where they were standing.

I don't think this is going to end well.

...

some drama is on its way.