Chapter 6

Author's pov

It was late in the evening when Aryan decided to meet Ashar. He and Ashar have been friends for years, so he was not against their marriage but as a brother he wanted to talk to him before the wedding. He wanted to ensure a happy and respectful future for his sister.

He went to his chamber to meet him. Ashar was sitting on the dewan, he saw some papers scattered around the table. He seemed busy working on something.

Aryan cleared his throat to gain his attention as Ashar looked up. He immediately stood up greating him with a warm hug.

" Arey Aryan kaise hain aap?"

(Aryan how are you)

"Never been better, brother"

Ashar chuckled as he shook his head. He looked up putting his hands behind his back and said..

"I have fallen in love with your sister.

Aryan smiled at him and patted his shoulder.

"I am pleased to know this. There are no complaints regarding this marriage from my side. Nothing matters to me more than my sister's happiness and wellbeing. I hope I can trust you with that."

Ashar nodded his head as he stood facing him.

"Meera's happiness is what I desire the most."

Aryan nodded and shook his hand with a content smile placed on his face. Now that he knew ashar loved his sister, he could proceed with the wedding preparations without any worry.

"Congratulations for the wedding."

Ashar nodded.

"I shall leave now, I have to apply haldi on both you and Meera. You should be changing into your robes."

.................................

"Baadshah ka iqbaal buland ho. Aapke kapde aa chuke hain. Haldi ki rasam shuru hone vali hai. Tyaar ho jaiye"

(Good evening Baadshah. Your clothes are ready. The haldi ceremony is about to start, you should get ready)

An attendent informed Ashar as the rituals were about to start.He got up and went to the bathing room. And after taking an evening bath he got ready in his sherwani and proceeded to the venue.

He was sitting on the table when Aryan came with his parents and mehrunissa. He was the first one to apply haldi on Ashar. He took some paste in his fingers and roughly smeared it onto Ashar's face.

All the people looking at this laughed loudly. One by one all of them came to apply the paste.

The queen came forward with a smile and applied the paste. While rubbing it on his face she whispered...

"Hum aapko hamari beti de rahe hain Ashar. Hamari bachi ka dhyan rakhie ga"

(We are giving you our daughter. Keep her safe)