Chapter 32

In the morning Meera woke up feeling a tight grip on her waist. She saw Ashar's arm tightly wrapped around her belly while his soft breath fanned over her neck.

Moving around she tried to get out of bed when he woke up. Looking up she saw his eyes looking at her softly and she remembered the talk they had last night.
.
.
.
The previous night.

Ashar rubbed her back soothingly trying to calm her down while she kept crying holding the collar of his kurta.

"Meera, hume maaf kar dijiye"

(Please forgive me Meera)

She sniffed slightly wiping her tears away and sat up straight on the bed. Ashar got down from the bed and filled a glass with water and made her drink it as she sat comfortably on bed with her back pressed to the headboard on the huge bed.

Guling down the liquid she kept the glass aside and looked at him.

"Hume..aapko kuch batana hai"

(I have to tell you something)

He sat beside her and held her hand prompting her to speak further.

"Vo Nadeem Amir humza se mile hue hain"

(Nadeem is involved with Amir humza)

There, Ashar knew that someone he knew was definitely involved with Amir but he never knew Nadeem could go to this level for his revenge.but it didn't surprise him, of that man was bole enough to kill his bestfriend he can stop down to any level for his revenge.

"Ek baat puchu?"

(Can I ask you something?)

"Puchiye na"

(Please)

She looked down for a moment before looking back at him again.

"Aap....Hume vahan akela chor ke kyu aaye ashar. Hum jante Hain agar aap chahate toh aap hume sath la sakte thay......phir aapne Hume akela kyu chora"

(Why did you leave me alone there? I knew you could have stopped it and could have taken me along, they why?)

She finally asked him the question that was bugging her since he left. She knew he was strong and powerful enough to take her along even if her family protested , but he did not and that was bugging her.

She saw him taking a deep breath before giving her the answer.

"Aapki Jaan ko khatra tha yahan Meera. Hum jante thee ki koi Amir ke sath Mila hua hai. Hum aapki Jaan ko khatre mai nahi daal sakte thay iss liye aapko mehfooz rakhne ke liye aapko vahan chorna hume lazmi laga."

(You life was in danger. I just wanted to keep you safe)

He gently caressed her fingers trying to ease her out while she looked at him with pained eyes.

"Kya Bhai aur pita ji ko pata tha?"

(Did my brother and father know?)

He nodded.

"They did. Just after Aryan left the chamber I went to talk to him. Even though he was very angry I made him understand"

She nodded feeling a little betrayed by her husband, brother and father. They could have told her but chose to keep her in the dark making her think that her husband didn't want her anymore for two months.

"Aap hume bta sakte thay" just a mere whisper left her mouth.

(You could have told me)