𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞

prompt: enid comes to the rescue just a second too late.

✂- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

third person pov

"You're like a cockroach," he said.

Wednesday shoved the bubbling fear that was coiling in her stomach down. She kept her face hard and cold; she wasn't going to give in.

"Please, flattery will get you nowhere."

She kept her eyes on his as he stepped towards her, grabbing her shirt and holding her close.

"This will not end well for you," she continued.

She kept her gaze focused and locked on his, trying to keep down the dread of seeing the boy she liked transform into a hideous, murderous monster.

As the hyde got taller and more ferocious, all Wednesday could do was stand and watch, trying not to lose her sanity. The monster shrieked and grabbed her by the neck, taking her by surprise, even though it shouldn't have. Her back cracked against a tree stump as she gasped for breath that couldn't make its way down her squeezed throat. She grasped at the hyde's hand, desperately trying to use her waning strength to save herself. Her eyebrows scrunched in pain and her eyes closed, struggling for any oxygen she could get.

She had to make it out of this. She had a school to get to and a Crackstone to demolish.

Her eyes opened once more, just able to see the monster raise its arm, claws extended and ready to slash at its victim.

The hyde roared, sending its limb flying down and into the face of Wednesday, and somewhere in the back of its mind, Tyler screamed.

Wednesday's eyes widened in pure terror, a feeling she didn't often feel, as the gleaming claws crashed down on her cheek. She didn't scream, or move, or do anything but hold a tight grimace as the hyde slashed her face, leaving four, heavily bleeding gashes from cheek to cheek.

She felt the pain as if it had happened in slow motion, searing fire scourging from her left cheek, one claw catching her lip, another over the bridge of her nose, and slashing up past her eye and across her eyebrow.

She could feel the four new, most definitely permanent, scars spill her blood over her face, making her vision go red.

Unable to see, she prepared herself for the next blow, already starting to recite her previously written goodbyes in her head.

The blow didn't come, however. She heard a roar and a smack, followed by her limp body falling off the stump and on to the cool ground below. She grunted at the impact, gasping to catch her breath. She viciously wiped at her eyes, trying to clear away the blood so she would be able to see what had happened.

She managed to be able to see out of her left eye, although the bleeding didn't stop, but she couldn't seem to clear away her right. Wednesday looked around to find the person that had saved her, shocked to see two large monsters lunging at each other.

Eyes wide, but only one seeing, she softly gasped as she recognized the form of one of the beasts. It was a werewolf.

"Enid?" she rasped, the pink haired wolf shaping its mouth into a snarling smile.

They went back to fighting, and Wednesday stood and made a run for the school, silently sending good wishes Enid's way.

The next ten minutes weren't what Wednesday had expected. Fighting off a deadly, magical spirit with one-eyed vision, an arrow-shaped hole in her shoulder, and constant blood rushing down her face, was not something that came easily to her. She managed though, to her own surprise. With the help of Eugene, they took down Laurel Gates as well.