𝐤𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐲

prompt: tyler sees a ghost (pt. 2).

✂- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

third person pov

Tyler got home and flopped on his bed. He had just returned from school, today being particularly worse than other days.

He laid sideways on his mattress, half of his legs dangling off the side as he shoved his face into his blanket. He groaned, tired.

A cold feeling entered the room, and he shivered. He sighed in content as a cool breeze brushed through his hair; he knew who it was.

"Rough day?" Wednesday asked.

Tyler groaned again and nodded. The familiar feeling of the ghost running her fingers through his hair comforted him, though he knew she was not actually touching him. Over the past few months, the two had practiced trying to make contact with each other, and while Wednesday still couldn't actually touch him, she got very good at making her presence known and making Tyler be able to feel her energy.

His hair now slightly disheveled, he sat up on his bed.

"Yeah," he huffed.

"Tell me about it."

Tyler smiled, glad that his ghostly friend was there for him and was always willing to listen to his rants.

He went on and on about his day at school, complaining about his annoying colleagues, strict teachers, and rude lunch ladies. Wednesday sat next to him, listening and nodding along, sometimes throwing in a couple of "mhm's."

The boy appreciated that he had someone to talk to. Before Wednesday, he was pretty much always alone, having no one to look out for him or keep him company. He was eternally grateful that the ghost had taken an interest in him, and he was willing to do anything for the lucky stars that had pushed them together.

Over the last few months, the two had grown close. Besides the fact that one was living and one was dead, they were pretty much inseparable. Despite Wednesday not being able to leave Tyler's house visible, much to both of their disappointment, they made the most of the time they had together.

Tyler fondly thought back to the night they met, as well as the moment they had shared just a week ago. He had dropped something, and they both bent down to pick it up, Wednesday forgetting she couldn't interfere with the living world, and their hands touched. Though the only thing Tyler could feel was the cold breeze of her ghostly hand going through his, he had blushed, as did she. He could tell by her widened eyes and the slightly darker shade of grey on her cheeks.

Tyler didn't want to admit how intense his feelings for the girl had grown. She was a ghost for God's sake. Hell, she died fourteen years ago. But he couldn't shake the fact that he wanted more with his friend. He thought about the things they could do with each other, and how different their existences could be if they were together. But it just wasn't possible, and it was driving Tyler mad.

"What are you thinking about?" the girl asked, noticing her friend's suddenly flushed face.

"N-Nothing," he grumbled, clearing his throat.

"I'm sorry school is hard for you," she said, disregarding his distracted look. "I wish I could come and be there with you."

Tyler shrugged.

"It's okay, I'm used to it," he sighed. "I wish you could, too."

At the same time, they both flopped backwards, their backs pressing into the bed. If Wednesday had done that a month prior, she would have fallen through the bed and to the floor, but she had gotten much better at making herself exist more.