𝐝𝐚𝐟𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐬

prompt: wednesday and tyler get stuck on an elevator.

✂- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

third person pov

Tyler and Wednesday, hand in hand, entered the elevator to leave the building. Wednesday had decided to accompany her boyfriend to his weekly therapy session to learn a little bit more about the things that were happening. It was interesting, and she found out a little more information, passing what Tyler had ever told her.

"So, that's where I go every week," he said, pressing the button that would take them to the ground floor, still holding his girlfriend's hand. "Learn anything new?"

"Thanks for letting me come," she responded, her eyes set on the closing doors. "And yes. It's all very interesting, and very helpful for my research report in my book."

"That's good."

She removed her intense gaze from the now closed doors and looked sideways at Tyler's face.

"Why didn't you tell me about your intrusive thoughts?"

He sighed.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Wednesday fully turned to face Tyler, him turning as well in response. They locked eyes, hers intense and quizzical. The elevator shook before starting downwards. He swallowed.

"The hyde talks to you. It tells you to let it out. Why didn't you tell me?" she demanded, her face its usual emotionless expression.

"Because it's not important," he said back dismissively.

"How long has this been happening?"

"Just drop it," he snapped, turning away from Wednesday and looking to the doors.

Her eyebrows furrowed, confused at his anger. Had she done something wrong? She just wanted to know what was happening with her boyfriend, maybe talking about it with her would help him. She wanted to help him, but he wasn't letting her.

She faced the door as well, looking up and sideways at him through her dark eyelashes. She analyzed the tight expression on Tyler's face, and she felt her heartbeat start to pick up the pace a little bit.

"Are you angry with me?" she asked, returning her gaze to the door. She felt his stare in the side of her head.

"What? No, of course not."

She tilted her head to look back at him.

"Then why can't you tell me what's wrong?"

He sighed heavily and snapped once more, "I said forget it. We can talk about it later-"

He was cut short by the sound of a groan from above their heads, the elevator shaking and abruptly stopping. They both looked up at the ceiling.

"Now is as good of a time as any."

Frustrated, he turned to face her again.

"I said I don't want to talk about it. Why is that so hard to understand?"

"I want to understand. I want to help you. And it bothers me that you didn't tell me about these thoughts. Do you not trust me?" she demanded, growing more anxious, though she didn't show it.

"Do you not trust me? If you haven't noticed, I haven't acted on any of the hyde's thoughts."

"How could I? I didn't know about them- I still don't really know about them-"