𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐥𝐚 𝐩𝐥𝐮𝐢𝐞

prompt: wednesday and tyler go on a date when it starts to rain.

✂- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

wednesday pov

I walked out of my dorm, Tyler taking my arm to walk me to his car.

He was taking me on "the best date ever," so he says.

Just being with him, doing anything, are already always the best dates ever, no matter what we're doing. But he doesn't need to know that.

"So, where are you taking me?" I asked as I watched the trees passing by.

He tightly held my hand, our intertwined fingers resting on my lap, while he gripped the steering wheel with his other.

"It's a surprise m'lady."

He looked excited for whatever he was planning, so I didn't push for more information. I didn't want to ruin his mood with my pestering.

It took fourty minutes to reach our destination.

Said destination seemed to be a fancy restaurant; the fanciest in the city, I've heard.

Tyler took my hand upon exiting the car, and he led me to the front doors. The second we stepped inside, I was overwhelmed with how posh it was.

"Am I underdressed?" I asked, looking down at my casual black jacket and skirt.

"You look perfect," he smiled, bringing my hand to his mouth to give it a kiss.

He pulled his attention away from me and to the man that stood behind the front counter.

"Reservation?" the man asked. He had a british accent.

"Uh, yes, reservation for two under 'Galpin.'"

The host hummed as he scanned the reservations, dragging his finger down the list. He passed through the names twice before looking back up.

"I'm sorry, there's no 'Galpin' here," he apologized.

Tyler's face scrunched in awkwardness and confusion. I just stood, still holding his hand.

"W-What? I made a reservation. I called three weeks ago to save a spot!"

"My apologies, sir. Something must have went wrong while you were booking it. You're welcome to wait and see if a table clears up," the man coughed awkwardly, motioning to the waiting area where three other couples were already sat.

I looked over to them, and they looked severely bored. Who knew how long they've been waiting. The one woman looked as if she were about to smack her partner. I internally smiled at the thought of witnessing that.

Tyler groaned beside me.

"Okay, fine, alright. Sorry for wasting your time."

"Have a good night, sir."

He managed a small "you too" before pulling me back out of the restaurant.

I sat back in the car, Tyler holding the door open for me, before he got in as well and started to drive off. I could tell by the tight look on his face that he was upset.

"Hey, it's alright. We'll find somewhere else to go," I assured, grabbing his hand softly, rubbing my finger along his skin in a comforting way.

He pulled his hand away, leaving mine awkwardly hanging in the air before I placed it back in my lap.

He sighed and tried to put on a light-hearted smile.

"Okay, so dinner didn't work. How about we just skip that and get icecream instead?"