𝐭𝐞𝐚 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐬

prompt: wednesday accidentally gets turned into a cat.

✂- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

third person pov

"Goodnight, Wens."

Wednesday didn't respond as she exited the Weathervane, leaving her boyfriend to close up the shop for the night while she walked back to the school. Sure, it was nearing midnight and Nevermore was quite a distance away, but she didn't care. She enjoyed walking in the dark by herself.

She felt the eyes of Tyler watch her as she walked passed the windows of the coffee shop, and she internally smiled.

Turning the corner, Wednesday looked up at the moon. It was full tonight, and the ominous grey clouds strung themselves around the glowing light, making it quite a beautiful sight.

Right as she passed under a streetlight, everything became a little foggy. Wednesday didn't mind, though. She liked the fog, and particularly enjoyed the thought that there could be anything lurking just a few feet ahead of you that you couldn't see.

But soon, the fog became sort of heavy, almost like it was actually touching her. It felt like a sort of mist, and it suddenly became almost impossible to see.

Fumbling around, Wednesday tried to keep walking straight. She didn't know what was happening or why, but she tried not to let it bother her.

She took a deep breath and immediately knew that that was a mistake.

Her throat burned as she coughed, the foggy mist coating her esophagus. Breathing became just as hard as seeing was, and she tried to find the nearest building she could hide in until the fog passed, coughing and spluttering the whole way.

Soon enough, Wednesday stumbled inside the old antique shop. She wasn't sure how she ended up there, but she didn't question it.

As she caught her breath, now being able to fully breathe, she looked around the little store. As she examined the interestingly posed taxidermy, she recalled how Enid had talked her ear off about how creepy this place was when she volunteered there.

"Welcome!" a voice came from behind her.

Wednesday turned around, quick enough to see the owner of the shop pop out from behind the front desk.

She tried to say hello back, but before any words came more hacking from her scratchy throat.

"H-Hel-lo," she spluttered, embarrassed by the first impression she's made.

"Oh dear, are you feeling well?"

Besides the sore throat, Wednesday felt fine. Fearing what would come out of her mouth, she just nodded.

The woman raised her eyebrow.

"You don't sound well. You don't look so well either," she said. "I'll get you some of my famous mushroom tea. I promise it will get you in tip top shape in no time!"

Before Wednesday could object, the lady disappeared through the door to the back room. She turned to look out the front windows, and, ruling out her option to escape while she could, saw the fog that had hardly cleared up.

While waiting, she looked at the other interesting trinkets that were scattered around the room. There was the taxidermied animals, of course, an array of different clocks, and an old fashioned camera that she thought looked really familiar.

Wednesday turned her attention back to the front desk when she heard the opening of a door. The woman came back out with a little tray with a teapot and teacup carefully balanced on it.