𝐡𝐲𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐭

prompt: there is another hyde lurking in the forest.

inspo: @Suviee3e

✂- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

third person pov

"A new body has been discovered in the woods, just off campus of Nevermore Academy-"

The TV shut off with the click of the remote. Wednesday stood from the couch and walked into the kitchen to where Tyler was getting some water.

"Another body has turned up," she told him.

Tyler sighed.

"What are we supposed to do?" he asked, setting his glass down on the counter.

"I say we search again."

"We already searched the forest twice," he said, pinching his fingers together between his eyes. "How many more times do you want to go before we get killed?"

Wednesday furrowed her eyebrows.

"We're not going to get killed. You're a hyde too; the both of us could take that monster down without much of a fight."

"I appreaciate your confidence, but I still don't think it's a good idea."

Turning around, Wednesday grabbed her backpack and headed towards the door, Thing following by her feet.

"I'm still going, with or without you."

Tyler groaned, "Okay, fine. I'm not letting you go alone. But this is the last time we look, okay?"

She looked back at him.

"Sure."

✂- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

They've been looking for over two hours. Even Wednesday was starting to lose hope.

"Can we go back now?" Tyler groaned. "I'm hungry, and it's almost ten o'clock."

"Fine," she responded, turning around and heading back the way they came.

They walked in silence for a while, but the quiet was broken when Tyler tripped on a root. He cursed, and Wednesday helped him up.

"Be careful," she snapped, him brushing off his pants.

"Alright, sheesh. Why are you so upset?" he asked, though he may as well have been talking to the air.

Wednesday was no longer beside him, but a few feet away, staring at something in the near distance.

"How did we miss this before?" she whispered to herself.

"What is it?"

Tyler stood next to her, looking at where she was looking. His eyes widened at the wide hole in the ground. He was pulled out of his stunned silence when Wednesday walked forward.

"It appears to be a tunnel, or a cave of some sort," she inquired.

Tyler immediately got a strange feeling and grabbed his girlfriend's hand, pulling her away from the hole.

"We should get out of here," he told her, starting to drag her away.

"What? Why?" she looked back to the tunnel. "We might've just found something to help us."

"I'm not trying to get us killed tonight, Wednesday," he snapped.

Wednesday yanked her arm out of his grip.

"I want to look more. This is the first piece of evidence we've found in days."

"We can look again tomorrow, when it's daylight, and there's less of a chance of us dying."