𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭: 𝐩𝐭. 𝟐

prompt: wednesday is given a strange relic with one detrimental ability (pt. 2).

✂- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

third person pov

Enid and Tyler stood in a still silence, staring at the stone finger for what seemed like eternity.

"Wednesday?" Tyler's eyes drifted away from her hand, slowly looking back to Wednesday's face.

The frozen girl's eyes were trained on her finger, the deep brown irises swirling with shock. Slowly, they shifted back up the the ceiling, where they then remained.

"What the hell is happening!?" Enid shouted, her voice squeaking with confusion and concern.

"I don't know!" Tyler looked from Wednesday to Enid, and then back at the hand. His eyes widened even more when he saw that the stone had taken another one of her fingers: her pinky. "What do we do?"

"You're asking me!?"

The tip of her middle finger was starting to solidify, and watching a part of his girlfriend turn into a rock was not something he wanted to have in mind.

"Can we call someone?" he asked. "Do you know anyone that's good at this stuff?"

Enid shook her head.

"Not that I know of. Why is this happening?" she said, more so to herself as she looked at the ceiling, hands on her head.

Tyler looked to Wednesday's body, his eyes drifting to her other, non-stone hand that clenched the rock. His eyebrows lifted as his eyes met the gem, and he walked to the other side of her bed to where it laid.

"It probably has something to do with the rock," he wondered aloud.

"Oh, really?" Enid responded, sarcasm dripping off her tongue with an eye roll. "What else could it be? She's holding it like it's keeping her alive! There's no other explaination."

Tyler stared down at Wednesday's hand, frowning at her white, tensed knuckles. He gently held her hand, brushing his fingers along her skin as if to soothe them.

"Then we need to get it off her."

"We tried," Enid emphasized. "There's no getting that away from her. She may be small but she's got a killer grip."

Tyler raised his eyebrow at the girl before shaking his head, returning his gaze to the relic. He tightened his grip around his girlfriend's fingers before pulling on them as hard as he could. His fingertips started to ache at the pressure, and he pulled away, sighing.

"Can we ask someone for help?" he asked.

"Who?"

"I don't know, some of your friends? They're strong, right?"

Enid shrugged. "I guess it's worth a shot."

Tyler looked over to Wednesday's other hand. His eyes widened when her whole hand was overtaken by the gray stone, and was starting to slowly travel up her arm.

"The shot is as good as any," he said, almost breathless.

Enid just nodded and pulled out her phone, sending a message to a group chat. Within a few moments, each person had responded.

While she was messaging, Tyler stood by Wednesday's face at the head of the bed.

"Wednesday?"

She refused to look at him, holding her steady, pained gaze up at the suddenly enticing ceiling.