𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐲

prompt: tyler sees a ghost (pt. 3).

✂- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

third person pov

"What is it that you want in this world?" Wednesday asked the boy next to her.

The two laid in Tyler's bed, side by side, hand in hand.

Tyler thought for a moment, sitting in a thoughtful silence that overtook the room at the sudden change of their conversation.

He turned his head and looked at the ghost.

"I wish for you to be human, like me," he started, searching her eyes for any sign of offense. "Not that you aren't perfect as you are now, but I want to touch you, feel your kisses, properly. Hold your hand in public, take you on dates, scream to the world that this amazing girl on my arm is mine..." he spoke dreamily, closing his eyes and turning his head to the ceiling.

Wednesday cuddled closer to him.

"What is it that you want?" he asked her.

She closed her eyes, embracing the warmth the boy next to her was giving her. She couldn't fully feel him; he felt of nothing more than a thick, heavy, cream fog. She wished for nothing more than to be as solid as he.

"I want the same thing. I want to be like you, be with you..." she trailed off.

For a few minutes, they sat in a comfortable silence, basking in each other's half-company.

"Maybe you can," Tyler spoke up, his voice barely above a whisper. His eyes remained closed, his tone a minute or two away from sleep. "There's magic everywhere in this world, we'll just have to look in the right place."

Wednesday didn't reply, just holding his hand a little bit tighter.

It was only a moment before the boy fell asleep, Wednesday softly humming, gingerly running her see-through fingers through his fluffy hair.

✂- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"About that magic, you were talking about."

Tyler looked up from the toast that he was munching on.

"Huh?" he sputtered, his mouth full.

Wednesday chuckled and sat on the kitchen chair next to him. She had gotten a lot better at not falling through things.

"You said there was magic everywhere before you went to sleep last night. Where are we supposed to look?" she reminded him.

Tyler's eyes lit up in remembrance, thinking back to the night before. He put his breakfast down and rested his head in his hand. He scanned his brain for anything that could help them.

"We could try that old antique shop," he shrugged. He saw the look of confusion on her face, and he explained further. "That place is practically screaming 'come in here for first-hand magic,' though the owner would never admit, I'm sure."

"Let's give it a go, then. Remember, you can't see me when I leave the house, but know that I'll still be right by your side, okay?"

Tyler nodded, and taking a few minutes to get ready, they were out of the door.

As Tyler walked down the street, he would occasionally say something to his ghostly girlfriend, despite him not being able to see her. For all he knew, she could have tricked him and just stayed behind back at his house. He would never know. He trusted her, however, and even though he wouldn't get a response, he knew she was listening.