19 | The Perfect Girl

What in the actual hell is happening right now?

That was all Y/N could think as she stared at the barebones of her closet. When she moved out, Aizawa made her pack her clothes in less than 30 minutes. Originally she had less than 3 outfits that would be suitable for the club, and now she had zero. One top, one pair of jeans, and one necklace. Without the thought of Hawks in her mind, an outfit like that would be suitable, but because she wanted to impress him it wasn't enough. He was everything to her—it had to be perfect. She yearned for it to be.

All Y/N could do was stare at herself in the full-length mirror, picking away at her own insecurities, studying her body more critically than ever. She wasn't small enough. She wasn't pretty enough. No outfit she owned would make her feel any more worthy. How could the number two hero be attracted to her? Would he even pay attention to her in a club full of the most beautiful women the city had to offer? He had seen Y/N at her worst, but wouldn't be able to see her at her best.

Hawks could have any woman he wanted. That much was obvious.

But he wanted her, he said it himself. Despite their situation, he went out of his way to make that clear.

Reminding herself of that, Y/N glanced back at her reflection with softer eyes. She could look worse, there were some parts of her that she would never change.

It wasn't like Hawks knew the touch of a woman, and she decided she would be the one to show him. Her mind was made up.

There was no way she would pick an outfit without a second opinion.

Even though she had newfound confidence, it took all of it to enter his apartment and walk down the hallway. His bedroom door was only open by a sliver, the light peeking through and guiding her blindly. Before pushing the door open, she heard the voice of a woman. A woman in his bedroom? Y/N hesitated, a foreign feeling of jealousy wrenching her stomach.

She didn't hesitate for more than a second though, and called his name hesitantly before opening the door all the way.

"Hawks?" Y/N muttered, entering his bedroom with a pouty frown on her face. It was harder than she thought to mask her panicked expression.

But when she entered, her eyes were immediately drawn to the large pair of pale white bunny ears that sprouted from the unknown woman's head. In all honesty, it was cute. Broad, powerful, and commanding shoulders greeted her eyes next. The stranger standing beside Hawks, a little too closely, embodied power and confidence, the two things Y/N felt she lacked.

"I'm sorry-" Y/N rushed, immediately wishing her feet would pivot. "I didn't mean to interrupt. "

"You're not interrupting anything." Hawks rushed, reaching out for her hand before she could retreat out of the apartment. His hand enveloped hers, squeezing tightly, the motion enough forbidding her to leave. Flustered, Y/N turned, questioning her own preconceived assumption.

"This is Mirko."

Yes. Y/N was jealous. Of course, there would be another woman in the room. An established hero, her dark and alluring features highlighted in the dim lighting, her smile curving flirtatiously. Mirko was beautiful; she was adjuring. She was the hero that Y/N wanted to be. Even if she didn't want it in the first place, Mirko made her feel like she should have worked harder for her current situation.

"It's nice to meet you." Y/N replied meekly, still holding onto Hawks's hand for comfort, relishing in the calloused feeling of his berated palms.

"You are gorgeous." Mirko responded breathlessly. "I felt your power before you entered the room."