07 | Everything She Wanted, Could Only Be A Dream

Y/N did not want to get out of bed.

Though she had napped for almost two hours, it was still unsatisfying. To recover, she needed to fall into a literal coma.

Forcing herself forward, the young woman's lips upturned. A coma would be nice. She wouldn't have to worry about anything. She wouldn't even have to think.

How lovely.

How lovely it would be to wake up the week before and avoid walking on Main St all together. None of this would be happening. She could die happy knowing she was unnoticed and unrecognized.

But that wasn't how life worked. No matter how long Y/N tried to avoid her responsibilities, the rational part of her brain would always win.

She needed to wake up. She needed to face the rest of the day head-on and try to forget her past. Take it day by day.

The young woman ventured out into the kitchen after massaging the kinks from her neck. A nice meal and an exploration of the building would take up the rest of her time until Hawks returned from patrol.

Still, the thought of Hawks returning to see her did not sit well. There was just something about him, something that unsettled Y/N but also intrigued her.

Hawks had layers, though, at first glance, the idea feigned possibility. He was hiding something. The winged hero was different from the others. There was also the irrefutable fact that he was attractive. Y/N felt as if she couldn't be near him for too long before her mind would eventually start to wander.

The young woman could usually figure a person out at first glance, but Hawks—he was unreadable.

Even Dabi, the one night stand who had kidnapped her, made his intentions clear, his motives comprehensible. Though she could hardly say she agreed with those motives, she was able to understand, and that eliminated her own subconscious turmoil. 

Y/N stood in her new kitchen, opening the fridge to find it fully stocked. She would have been excited if not for the conflict threatening to rise in her mind. It was as if she could not think of anything else. She loathed it. There should never be a reason to be so hung-up over men.

There should never be a reason to want two men at the same time, two men she hardly knew. The emotions she felt went against every logical reasoning she could conjure.

Yet, it still came down to which side would benefit her the most. The League was wretched; they wanted her to kill, to infiltrate, and to betray.

She would be a hypocrite to join them. It went against every value and moral she had criticized the heroes for. Again, being a fake was better than being a power-hungry killer.

Still, her mind kept flashing back to the moment Dabi's eyes glazed over, where she was able to see, for a split second, genuine desire in his eyes.

Dabi couldn't be evil. Deep down in his core, he was still young, desperate for the thinnest thread of affection and attention just like she was.

Right?

No. Y/N squashed the thought as soon as it popped into her head. Some actions could not be forgiven. Some people were beyond saving, and Dabi was the perfect example.

Sometimes, sex was just sex. It was great, but it couldn't be anything more. Dabi was not good for her. Maybe Dabi understood what she was going through to a certain point. But, their relationship could not progress further than that. There was nothing of substance to latch onto.

Right? Y/N's teeth grazed over her bottom lip, anxious, uneasy. She was just trying to justify the idiotic decision to sleep with him in the first place.