20 | How Many Drinks?

Y/N felt the bass vibrating from the baseboards before she even exited the elevator. And when the doors opened, she was greeted with loud music and about ten beefed-up men with sunglasses and guns holstered to their hips.

To Mirko and Hawks, this was another monthly night out, but for Y/N, this was a first-time experience. It was jarring to see such an environment, along with the number of security guards glaring her down, further cementing in her brain just how lucky she was to be invited. She had frequented many bars but never a rich man's exclusive club.

Once security saw who was in the elevator, they nodded and stepped back. Hawks glanced down at Y/N and held out his arm. "Don't mind them." He joked but realized their eyes were on her—the newcomer. He could also tell she was surprised and somewhat timid, immediately stepping toward his outstretched arm.

Hawks couldn't help but laugh, wondering why she was acting like that, as if she wasn't the most beautiful or powerful woman there. Still, he appreciated how she sought him out for comfort. A great disguise it was.

They better pay their respects, for she would ultimately be their savior.

"Is this normal?" Y/N asked, then laughed to cover up her initial embarrassment. She graciously took hold of his arm to steady herself. At least Hawks was there. Without him, she wouldn't know what to do. Being close to Hawks, letting him lead her through the entrance, was a privilege.

What reassured her though, was that the only entrance to the floor was the elevator. At least they were safe there, as Y/N was desperate to escape it all and let herself free, to seek out what she really wanted—Keigo.

The three walked together until they came to the last man standing, blocking the path the others laid out for them.

"Good to see you again Hawks and Mirko." The guard greeted in a thick Russian accent. He had to be at least seven feet tall and completely made of metal. The perfect man for the job, Y/N supposed.

"Hey Colossus." They both replied with smiles.

Y/N noticed a stamp in Colossus's hands, and once his eyes fell on her, he gestured for her to come closer.

"Welcome, Miss Valkyrie." He lowered his head. "I hope you enjoy your evening."

"Thank you." She smiled back. His hands were surprisingly gentle when he turned her palms up and stamped her wrist. Y/N rejoined Hawks once she passed Colossus and scanned her surroundings, finding that the club was more extravagant than expected. There was a spacious dance floor, plenty of seating areas, and a bar that stretched across the room's right side. It was definitely stocked with any drink she could wish for. A good amount of people were clustered inside, about 200, more than she suspected—definitely not all heroes.

Then, her eyes drifted to the silver poles littering a few higher-end booths. Although not occupied, it was still suspicious.

"Did you actually take me to a strip club?" The woman scoffed, glaring at Hawks when she tilted her head at him.

Hawks threw his hands up in defense. "This bar is used for other events sometimes!"

Y/N rolled her eyes at his response.

"I already told you I was a virgin."

At Hawks's rebuttal, Mirko burst out laughing, having to lean against Colossus as she banged on his arm. The sound was piercingly loud, but neither Mirko nor Colossus flinched. He patted her shoulder in return, breaking a slight smirk.

"Do you want a shot Colossus?" Mirko asked, giving him a fist bump once her laughter died down.

"Maybe next time."