06 | Swayed

When Y/N finally opened her eyes, she was alone in bed.

She had been so stressed from the mere motions of yesterday's events that she didn't stir awake when he left. Whether he left right after she fell asleep or if he stayed and enjoyed her presence, Y/N would never know.

All she could tell was that she was in a different position, with her favorite blanket pulled up to her chin and a pillow under her head.

For some reason, that upset her.

Trying to brush away the feeling of dread that hung thick in the air around her, she managed to force herself to sit up. Judging by how high the sun peaked through the shaded window, it was before noon.

"Dammit." The young woman cursed, hopping out of the bed that strangely didn't feel like hers anymore. The remnants of Dabi's presence were still visible by the sheet's position. The spot next to her still smelled like his cologne, whatever brand it was.

Y/N hardly knew him. She didn't know him and had to remind herself that he cared even less. Like everyone, Dabi only wanted something from her. They wanted her power, that was all. She grimaced, knowing she had given herself to him in a moment of vulnerability.

That won't happen again.

At least with the heroes, she would have a form of stability and protection that had been unfamiliar to her since the day her father passed. If the path she was being forced down was inevitable, the least she could do was follow in her father's footsteps.

Yet still, Y/N felt used, dirty, heartbroken, and worst of all, wishing for someone that would never be there. This was why she didn't hook up with men, as she suspected this would happen.

But she had done it. There was no going back now. All she could do was learn from the mistake and try not to make it again. Hookups were not for everyone.

Throwing on a pair of shorts and her previous bedtime shirt, Y/N walked to her vanity. She gave herself a once-over in the mirror to make sure there were no indications of what happened. Dabi left nothing. It was almost as if he was never there, just as he planned. Disgust was something she hadn't felt toward herself in a long time.

Regardless, Y/N managed to convince herself that it didn't matter. She had more pending situations to attend to, which involved moving out of her childhood home and away from the only comfort she knew, to a hero agency led by a notoriously attractive and flirtatious winged man.

No villain could fuck the fear that she was feeling out of her. Because of that, Y/N suddenly laughed aloud, ashamed that she had even thought it would. The situation was already dire, but then she thought about how hard she would have to pretend to be strong.

One night of weakness did not satisfy, as there would be more to come. She had to deal with the villains and the heroes.

Hawks.

Frustrated, Y/N rubbed her eyes to get his image out of her head. She would see him soon enough, knowing she would live with him. She was frustrated and attracted to him to a degree that she didn't understand.

Hawks was kind. That really didn't help the fear that stirred around her heart, constricting and preventing her true emotions from emerging. Y/N knew she would eventually admit something to him. Probably the one thing that nobody else knew.

So, to quell that fear, she started to pack. Frantically, she pulled two suitcases from underneath her bed and started to shove her clothes, her blankets, her favorite books, and anything that reminded her of home into them.

For now, she would pack light. The young woman knew that whatever she brought would never mollify the feeling she was trying desperately to hold on to. Safety.