Chapter Five| Driftmark

News had rang out from Pentos back to the seven kingdoms of the death of Lady Laena Velaryon who died in childbirth trying to give birth to her third child to her husband Daemon Targaryen.

Though it was spread throughout the the way she had died was not from the childbirth but actually because she chose to die in the fires of her dragon Vhagar, the largest dragon in the world after the death of Balerion the black dread.

That is what lead to this moment now as they all stood at the dock of driftmark, watching the tomb structure of Laena being prepared to be sent into the ocean.

"We join today at the seat of the sea", the uncle of Laena, Vaemond spoke in Valyrian, "to commit the Lady Laena of House Velaryon, to the eternal waters, the dominion of the Merling King where he will guard her for all the days to come. As she sets to sea for her final voyage, the Lady Laena leaves two true born daughters on the shore. Though their mother will not return from her voyage, they will all remain bound together in blood. Salt courses through Velaryon blood. Ours runs thick. Ours runs true."

Everyone knew what Vaemond was digging at as he spoke these words, digging into Rhaenyra and her children as he poked at their legitimacy. Trying to get under her skin. Even though Rhaenyra was married to his nephew.

"And ours must never thin", he finished, Daemon who had been silently listening broke into a hysterical laugh.

This then making everyone turn there heads from Rhaenyra and her children to him with a questioning and horrified looks.

"My gentle niece. May the winds be as strong as your back, your seas as calm as your spirit, and your nets be as full as your heart. From the sea we came. To the sea we shall return."

At he began his sentence knights started to pull on the ropes wrapped around her coffin to start pushing it towards the edge and his sentence finished as her tomb finally got sent into the sea where her final resting place would be as they follow the Velaryon tradition of returning to the sea after death.

_________________________
•|~*~|~*~|~*~|~*~|~*~|•
|~timeskip~|

After the funeral all the guests gathered together onto one of the outdoor areas that there was on Driftmark, this time was supposed to be spent mourning the late Lady Laena.

However the only two people who seemed to be in true mourning was her daughters Baela and Rhaena.

There was a clear awkward tension that separated the other guests, Daemon was leaning against one of the walls not seeming to care much for his wife's passing, Viserys sat under a drape with Alicent and Aenor standing by his side, Luce stood with Lord Corlys and Rhaenyra had just walked down but went straight to her son Jace.

Naella was crouched next to Helaena as she showed her the newest little creature she had found as Aegon, Viserra and Aemond watched over them.

"Hand turns loom. Spool of green, spool of black, dragons of flesh weaving dragons of thread", Helaena spoke in riddles.

Naella loved spending time with Helaena, even if she never knew what she meant whenever she spoke in riddles like this, but she found it calming whenever she sat with Helaena, not wanting Helaena to feel different because she held an interest in insects and spoke riddles that not even she knew what she was saying.

"Hand turns loom. Spool of green-"

"We have nothing in common", Aegon whined to both Viserra and Aemond as they stood behind the two girls, referring to his engagement to Helaena.

"She's our sister!", Aemond reminded him.

"You marry her then", Taking a sip of his goblet he nearly spat his drink out as Viserra slapped the back of his head.