Chapter Nineteen | Sunkissed Worries

It had been decided overnight quickly on a whim that Otto and Aenor would take a few knights and sail to Dragonstone to meet with Rhaenyra.

As they had caught word that after Rhaenys had fled the city and informed Rhaenyra of Viserys passing and Aegons coronation she had been crowned Queen, rebelling against Aegon and dividing the house of the dragon.

Along with the fact that she wore the same crown as her father did one of the twins having snuck away with it during the night, having also helped Rhaenys in her escape too.

This decision had been made so fast that Naella hadn't even got to have gave her father a proper goodbye having wished him goodnight and retiring to her and Aemonds shared chambers and then waking up to being informed he had gone with Otto to speak peace terms.

Aenor having said that he wished to speak with Rhaenyra and Daemon and try come to an alternative that wasn't war.

So now here she sat at one of the many balcony's in the garden the Red Keep inhabited, looking out to the sea beyond the walls below.

This particular balcony faced the part of the sea that was the route to Dragonstone, Naella keeping an eye out for StormBorn, her fathers dragon, flying above a Targaryen/Hightower bannered boat.

Looking back down at the untouched lemon cakes she felt almost sick to her stomach at the thought of them, not being able to eat anything in her state of worry.

All she wanted in this moment was her father or at least the knowledge on his health, she knew Rhaenyra could be reasonable.

Though Daemon not as much, but trying to think on the bright side as he was Aenors brother and maybe he would see things more lightly and forgiving.

Deep down Naella knew Aegon was never meant to be crowned King, she did believe Alicent that she had heard Viserys mutter something.

The doubt is that Alicent had heard it incorrect or misinterpreted what the dying man had said on his death bed, doused up high on milk of the poppy.

She wanted to think the best, but she just couldn't, every minute, every wave hitting the wall, every bird chirping, wave rolling.

Images just kept reoccurring in her mind, bad thoughts rushing in as she tried blocking them out.

She couldn't help the gut feeling that something terribly wrong was going to happen today and she didn't know why, besides the pain in her heart.

Being so focused on the horizon before her she didn't notice the figure walking up behind her as she was zoned out.

"You have to eat", the voice spoke with a hint of demand and begging behind it.

"I'm not hungry", Naella mumbled as she picked at her nails absentmindedly.

Sitting down next to the nervous wreck in front of her, Viserra placed her hand on Naellas stopping the girl from destroying her hands.

"You should probably come inside about now, you've been out awhile, that's too much sun", Viserra observed the sky above her.

"I'm not leaving until he comes back", Naella said firmly, not turning her eyes away from the ocean for even a second.

She didn't want to look away incase he came home, she wanted to be the first to know he was back, to be in his arms.

"Have you at least drank something, with all the sun you could get very dehydrated", Viserra continued worrying over Naella.

Viserra didn't get a response but she knew by the tensing of Naellas arms and the shuttering of her eyes, it gave her a clear unspoken answer.