Chapter Twenty Two | The Green Council

Though the death of Aenor had been sprung upon them all, liquoring them with grief.

The Greens did not have time to be wallowing in self pity and their sadness, as the death of Aenor was a sign....a billboard of expression from the Blacks.

The war has started.

It had been brewing for years, ever since Alicent gave birth to a male heir. Only now having blossomed into two sides.

The 'Queens Party' versus 'The Party of the Princess'.

The Greens versus The Blacks.

There was no way to avoid the war now, it was inevitable....It is inevitable, always has been, a prophecy of sorts.

Every bad moment, every wrong decision, every spiteful word all seemed to link up and lead to this turn, taking root.

We're they doomed since the beginning?

All these thoughts led up to right now, where they were now having a small council meeting....well more like a not so small council meeting.

In the Green Council was Alicent who sat at the head of the table, though it was supposed to be Aegon but he was slumped down in the seat next to her, the topic of war not seeming to concern him.

On Alicents other side was Otto, who was once again Hand of the King.

Ser Criston was not sat down but was standing a little bit behind Alicent, as Lord Commander of the Kings Guard, more so Queens guard.

Ser Tyland Lannister as Master of Ships, Lord Jasper Wylde sat as Master of Laws and Lord Larys strong also sat at the table as Master of Whispers.

Also being obliged to join the council for today was all the dragon riders that they contained.

Helaena miserably sat beside Aegon, not having said a word this whole meeting, next to her was Naella who sits with an emotionless look on her face the whole time.

None in the room spoke to her directly, not quite sure what to speak to the drastically different girl more so woman.

Naella has had a whole personality switch in the matter of days, she no longer spoke in soft tones, that was if she spoke at all and she was rarely seen with a joyeful smile on her face.

Sitting next to his wife was Aemond who also didn't speak the whole time, taking in what he was being told before he put in his two cents as he held Naellas hand under the table.

Viserra chose to ditch her seat and sat on the window sill watching the streets below as she tuned in and out of the discussion at hand.

The discussion being held at this exact moment of time was on loyalties, oaths and most importantly safety in numbers.

"So right now we have support from the Lannisters which gives us control by the Westerlands", Alicent mapped out as she nodded toward Tyland Lannister, everyone's eyes following her finger to Lannisport on the map they had before them.

"Hightowers give us access to the Reach", Otto now spoke as she dragged her finger toward Oldtown. "The Wyldes give us slight control of the Stormlands and The Strongs are helping us win over the Rivermen."

"So now, we need to find out who rallies with Rhaenyra..", Alicent gulped. "And who we can seek out, Lord Larys?"

"Lady Jeyne Arryn has sided with Rhaenyra", Larys told everyone.

"How has she been able to make it all the way to the Eyrie?", Aemond asked the man.

"She sent her son Jacaerys via Dragon as an envoy", Larys answer made Viserra turn from the window, now joining into the conversation.