Chapter Fourteen | Royal Wedding

The sun had rose as the birds chirped, which usually the Red Keep would be quiet at this time of day.

On this particular day however the Red Keep was as loud as ever, servants rushing around in preparation for the day to come.

Today was the day of the royal wedding of Aemond and Naella.

Neither of the two were quite happy when they woke up to find out that they could not see each other for the whole day, being called bad luck to see each other before the wedding day.

It took Aegon, Viserra and some knights to keep Aemond in his room as he tried so desperately to go see Naella, even for a moment.

After calming down Aemond, Viserra left to go to Naella who was in her chambers with handmaidens fawning all over her, plating her hair into intricate braids all around her head.

She was still making her way through the long corridors the Red Keep inhabited when she turned the corner and bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry", she apologized and then saw Jace. "Nevermind, I retract my previous statement."

Jace chuckled which made Viserra angry. It was like her insults meant nothing to him. All he did was laugh.

"Where are you going?", Jace asked as Viserra started to walk away.

"Take a wild guess", she replied, not looking at him.

Suddenly, he caught hold of her arm and pulled her into an empty room.

"If you do not wish for me to kiss you ever again, just say the words, however...", Jace trailed off.

"However, we musn't", Viserra said with a stern look.

"I think you quite enjoyed it", he said cockily.

"You make me sick", she grimaced.

"You lie", he smiled. "Again, and again-"

"I do not lie", Viserra scoffed.

Jace gave her a look.

"I do not lie!", she said defensively.

"You're a very bad liar, my dear", Jace chuckled.

"I am not 'your dear'", Viserra glared.

"I would like to kiss you again, and I would like to kiss you freely, but if you do not wish for us to do so, then tell me now", Jace said to her, showing vulnerability.

Viserra said nothing, simply looked at him. Jace started to smile.

"Shut up", she ordered almost immediately.

"I didn't say anything", he replied, still smiling.

"Nor did I", she said simply, and opened the door to leave.

Jace turned her around and pulled her out of anyone's peering eyes as they passed by and kissed her, his hand in her hair.

She pulled away and looked at him.

"Not here, not now", she said, looking around cautiously.

"If not now then when? We could be dead tomorrow", he said.

"Don't joke about that", Viserra frowned.

Jace kissed her softly and her frown disappeared.

"I'm most apologetic", he said before grinning. "My dear."

"Stop it", she glared slightly.

"I'm sorry", he laughed.

"I forgive you", Viserra replied, not matter how much it pained her to say those words.