Chapter Fifteen | Two Kings Lost

Naella was lounging in the children's room with Helaena, playing with her two kids Jaehaerys and Jaehaera.

"It is our fate, I think? To care what is given to another, if one posses a thing the other will take it away", Helaena was speaking to one of the hand maidens in the room who was standing by as Naella was making faces at the two toddlers.

"Yes, Princess", The hand maiden nodded at the words, even though she was usually always left confused at Helaenas words.

The door to the chambers then opened quickly as Alicent came rushing in looking panicked, Otto not far behind her as they looked towards Helaena.

"Where is Aegon?"

"Not here", Helaena said this as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, you would never find Aegon with his kids never mind the nursery.

Alicent and Otto then turned their eyes to Naella hoping maybe she would know where Aegon had run off to, but the girl could only shake her head.

"He's not in his rooms", Otto informed the two girls letting them in on to the situation at hand.

Looking back down to her stitching Helaena seemed unfazed by the information and Naella just started playing with the children again.

Otto looked between the two girls once more before turning out of the room quickly, seeming to have made up his mind about something and had to find someone.

"Father?", Alicent called after him.

"Aegon", was muttered by Jaehaerys who was playing with his sister and Naella.

"Aemond?", Jaehaera then followed, Alicent looking to the ground as she realized the effect Viserys parenting had on Aegon that he was now putting onto his own children, so much so that one of his kids thought their uncle was their father.

Laughing Naella picked up the little girl spinning her around. "No, sweet girl, Aemond is your uncle."

"What's happened", Helaena sighed turning to her mother, who moved to sit down beside her daughter.

"Your father...", Alicent breathed out, then being cut off by Helaena before she continued.

"There is a beast beneath the boards."

"Oh my dearest love-", Alicent went to hold onto her daughter to try console her, but Helaena pushed her arm away moving back.

The two women then turned towards the door as they heard footsteps entering watching as Aemond appeared in the room.

Not seeming to notice the awkward tension in the room Naella raised with Jaehaera in her arms as she smiled at the girl. "Now, look who it is."

Bringing her closer Jaehaera cheered with a big smile. "Aemond!", Aemond smiled at the two girls before turning back towards his mother.

Only now feeling the tension in the room Naella looked between them with a confused look repeating Helaenas words. "What's happened?"

Aemond just looked towards her before a hand maiden came up and took Jaehaera out of her arms, taking Naellas arm and following his mother out of the room.

Alicent also making a plan up in her mind, except different to her father her plans didn't involve harming anyone, especially not Rhaenyra.

_________________________
•|~*~|~*~|~*~|~*~|~*~|•
|~timeskip~|

"Prince Aegon is not to be found in the castle walls, Your Grace", Ser Criston entered the door, closing it shut behind him as he looked towards Alicent who had stopped pacing the room at his entry.