flamingos. trey clover

⎯⎯⎯⎯

flamingos

flamingos

trey clover. トレイ・クローバー

⎯⎯⎯⎯

YOU KNOW YOU'RE a troublemaker, it's nothing new but a quality that has accompanied you since childhood.

Your parents had always hoped that, once you reached adolescence, your rebellious nature would at least subside. Well they were wrong.

It is clear, the Heartslabyul dorm is not for you, neither as a visitor nor as a member. If seeing Riddle remember all those numerous rules by heart seems like a daydream - or rather a nightmare -, seeing you forget even the simplest ones is the same hellish thing for the housewarden.

But somehow, you manage to get less punishment than the two first year boys, who even got him to overblot.

To outside eyes, those who have actually seen your pranks, it almost seems that the redhead has some preference towards you.

But the help, however internal, is not from the goldfish - nickname with which you also began to torment him, since there is no rule against it - but from his right-hand man.

The bespectacled man has an undeniable soft spot for you, and to neither of you is clear when exactly it started.

Maybe when you helped him bake some sweets for an Unbirthday Party, in exchange for being able to eat some of it yourself; or when you managed to pass him a recipe for a dessert that, to the surprise of both of you, he never made.

In any case, Trey seems to go out of his way to help you, even if it's something that doesn't concern him. His peace would not be affected if Riddle had to send you to take care of the hedgehogs as a punishment, yet the dark green haired boy always has your back.

For once, the mess that appears before your eyes is not your fault, or at least not that you know. Maybe it was caused by your distraction or maybe not. It's not voluntary anyway, and hey, they always taught you that it's the intention that counts.

Or was it the thought?

Pink and blue flamingos - and you still wonder how they can be blue - freer than they should be, not to mention the one with its head stuck in rags.

Okay, you went to see them a few minutes earlier, just because you know you don't often get golden opportunities like this. But you're sure you've closed everything you had to properly, not to allow them to roam around the dorm so freely.

"(y/n), what have you done here?"

Despite the initial scare, when the voice finally registers in your mind, you know you don't have to worry, in fact, it is most likely your salvation.

You turn around, eyes still wide, and shake your head. "Nothing."

He raises his eyebrows, crossing his arms in front of his chest accusingly, hazel eyes on you as if he's trying to figure out whether or not you're lying.

"You sure?" His voice is still serious, yet you can notice how the corners of his mouth are threatening to lift.

You walk over to him, giving him a light slap on the shoulder, cheeks puffing out as you glare at him. "Why would I lie to you, are you my protector or not?"

He lets out a sigh, seemingly resigned, turning his head to the side so you can't see his smile, but to no avail. "Fine, but this time you owe me."

You feel a hand on your head, Trey ruffling your hair affectionately. He scans the scene from behind his glasses as he does so, his other hand on his hip.

"We'll keep it simple. Did you see anything?"

You tilt your head slightly, your expression immediately changing to one of confusion as you try to figure out what he's asking. "Huh..."

"The correct answer is no. Now, let's go." He grabs your wrist, starting to walk away from the scene, you're still taken aback before bursting into laughter. Your steps match his and you can see that little amused glimmer in his eyes.

⎯⎯⎯⎯

⎯⎯⎯⎯

published: may 4, 2024