the more the merrier. cater diamond

⎯⎯⎯⎯

the more the merrier

cater diamond. ケイト・ダイヤモンド

⎯⎯⎯⎯

YOU AND CATER have decided to watch a movie together, which can easily turn into a marathon, watching whatever comes to mind - it all depends on who falls asleep first and when - and today seems like the perfect day to do so.

You make your way through Heartslabyul's garden, looking around for the familiar face. The rose bushes welcome you accompanied by the smell of fresh paint.

You wrinkle your nose a little, quickening your pace; looks like they're getting ready for another Unbirthday Party.

Indeed, the closer you get to the building, the more the coming and going of students increases, becoming almost frenetic and confusing.

Okay, maybe today isn't the best day to spend time with the ginger, but it doesn't cost you anything to hope otherwise.

After asking around if they had seen Cater anywhere, you are pointed towards a corner of the garden and, as you were told, he is there.

"Cay!"

He turns to look at you, a smile appears on his concentrated face, he places the brush back in its place in the paint bucket before climbing down the wooden ladder.

"What's up? You miss me already?" He teases you a bit, moving closer to you before gently pinching your cheek. "Is that why you came looking for me?"

You furrow your brows, looking straight into his green eyes; a hand moves to grab his wrist, but you don't push it away. Your face is flushed despite your words. "Keep teasing me and I'll leave."

He lets you go but doesn't move away from you, smiling even more. "Okay okay. Tell me, how can I help you?" He speaks in an overly formal manner, bowing his head as if he were a butler.

"How long until you think you'll be free?" You ask him, looking behind him at the white rose bushes, half of which are covered in red paint.

"I am always at your disposal, Your Highness."

"Cay, I'm serious."

He turns too, looking at his still incomplete work. He puts a hand to his chin, thinking about it. "Two hours, I think." He answers you seriously, dropping the act.

"What for?" He adds immediately, looking at you curiously as he brings his hands to his hips.

"I wanted to watch a movie with you, do you think you feel like watching it after you finish?" You wouldn't even be angry if he said no, you've seen more than once how tired he can be after working hard for the party.

"After a shower, sure." He shrugs but his smile becomes more reassuring, as if he knows your low expectations.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am. Now though, unless you want the hours to become three, you have to let me actually work." He tells you, giving you one last pinch before making his way towards the ladder again.

"Fine."

⎯⎯⎯⎯

What better way to wait for Cater than to wander aimlessly through the labyrinthine school? At the very least, the stone walls don't seem as scary and oppressive as they once did.

The corridors are mostly empty, everyone seems busy with their club activities and the Heartslabyul students are almost all in their dorm.

It's all calm until you collide with someone. "Ow-"

You look up and your eyes widen at the sight of who is in front of you. "Cater?"

"Hey, hey!"

"What are you doing here?" You ask him, your expression confused, it's only been an hour. "What do you mean? I had some books to take back to the library."

"But you have to finish helping in the garden." He scratches the back of his neck, looking at you as he lets out a chuckle. "What are you even saying?"

"Cay, are you kidding me?" You glare at him and your voice raises a little.

"See you later!"

⎯⎯⎯⎯

"Cater, next time you make fun of me with your signature spell, I will end you." You threaten him, both of you lying comfortably on his bed, your head resting on his shoulders and various snacks surrounding you.

The film goes on on his laptop, the dim light barely illuminates the room.

"Sorry about that but it was hilarious."

⎯⎯⎯⎯

⎯⎯⎯⎯

published: may 19, 2024