Chapter Twenty-Four

At this point, Meg was no stranger to training. The Amazons had been training her mercilessly, breaking both her mind and body.

Today marked a new side of training.

A side she felt would hit her far more painfully than any other training she'd ever done.

She watched Claudio with bated breath as he went about setting things up.

His shirt rose up his bulky back as he bent to the floor, rolling out matts and moving weights. He wore shorts and a loose top. None of it was loose enough. Everything showed his muscles. Thick, bulging muscles Meg was rapidly acquiring quite the taste for.

His body was something else. Something powerful.

She pictured those strong arms either side of her body as he lowered himself towards her. She thought of those thighs caging her in as he—

She watched him, refusing to miss a movement. Scared of blinking.

Last night had been the best night she'd slept in weeks.

She'd fallen to sleep around Claudio's leg, clutching onto his thick thigh much like a koala would. She'd woke up hours later with her head upon his chest, his hand buried in her dark hair, his body curled around hers protectively.

"Might want to get a hold of that Megsy," Cas said with a mildly horrified look about his face. His nose was scrunched up, his eyebrows furrowed. He took a seat by her side, happy to stare, like her, at the busy demon King. "I can smell the desire coming off you from across the room." He nodded his head in the direction of said King, whose muscles were tighter than she'd ever seen them. "I see boss man over here's playing oblivious. He might be able to ignore it, but I won't. Pull yourself together Megsy."

Lust coiled through her body. It wasn't something she could ignore. If she could call all those hormones back to base, she'd have done it by now.

Just as she took a calming breath, Claudio stretched his arms above his head, revealing those heavenly abs. Her eyes glued themselves to that trail of hair that disappeared beneath the waistband of his shorts.

Another shaky breath.

"Then tell him to put more clothes on or something. I can't just pretend I'm not feeling it."

Cas shrugged. "Then go rub one out or something." She crossed one knee over the other, clenching. "I don't know who's worse. You or him."

"You're disgusting."

"I'm coping with your pheromones. If anything, I'd call myself a fighter." Her body felt like it was dying for touch. Claudio's touch. Claudio's attention. It was no wonder Cas had picked up on her problem. Meanwhile, Claudio danced around it. "It's a wonder he can get anything done."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Oh Megsy. Poor, sweet, innocent Megsy. If I can smell all that lust and sexual depravity coming off of you, then he can scent it too. Unlike him, that scent from you specifically doesn't drive me wild. That smell coming from you might as well be his poison. Your lust is his crack. It's getting him all riled up. Look."

She did as told, turning her attention to the blonde demon.

He could hear what they were saying. Obviously he could hear what they were saying. But he made a point of pretending otherwise, busying himself with his task of setting up.

His entire body was tense. From where she sat, it even looked like he was shaking.

"I can't—I can't just make it stop."