Chapter Twenty-Six

It was beginning to feel like all Meg ever did was fight, and Claudio knew she was getting tired of it.

Sure, before the year was up, they'd have a war on their hands, but he knew she was in dire need of a break. If it wasn't the constant training with the Amazons, then it was the training they did from the castle in between.

He'd been worried about dealing with her sexual advancements now they were sharing a room again. But the poor thing had never even gotten the chance. By the time she reached their room at night, Megan was out like the dead.

He'd sit up at night and watch her. She didn't so much as stir.

Poor, evil little angel. She wasn't getting chance to put her evil plans into action.

"This will all be over soon," He murmured into her hair. "Just a little while longer then you'll never have to think of any of it again."

He hated that she had to do this, but he knew it couldn't be changed.

By the time the morning came around, she'd lugged herself down to the training room yet again where she bided her time fighting against Caspian.

She was getting better with every day. They were making damn sure she was impenetrable before she went up to those heavens.

Hands joint together, Claudio leaned forwards to watch Caspian and Megan fight.

Caspian was getting more hardcore with each passing day. They'd taken off her fighting stabilisers, paving the way for her to thrive.

A hand fell upon the skin of his arm as Meg dodged a punch, shocking him back to reality.

He snapped his head around to face Ruby, who- as ever- carried her clipboard.

"Sir, you have a visitor."

"I'm not expecting any guests."

"I know Sir, but this guest isn't giving much of a choice."

That left one person.

"Evette?"

"Yes, Sir. Should I take her to your office?"

Damned bloody witch.

She was no doubt here to interfere again.

"No." The Amazons didn't like him hanging around when Meg was training. He wouldn't miss out on any of it here. "Bring her to me here."

Ruby didn't leave immediately, and she didn't move her hand from his arm either.

"How's she coming along?" She asked, though she wasn't even looking at Meg.

A proud smile touched his lips. "She's getting stronger every day."

Ruby nodded. "If you ever need help with anything, you know where to find me."

"Uh huh."

She nodded to herself, shaking herself from some stupor, then left to go fetch Evette.

In this time, Caspian knocked Meg to the floor, but she kicked his legs out, sending him down with her.

He was confident she'd do amazing when it came down to it.

"Well if it isn't King Claudio. What a surprise to see you here."

He clenched his jaw.

It wasn't that he didn't enjoy Evie's company. Only he knew what she'd probably come for. And he doubted it was an idle chitchat.

"In my own home, I know, what a shocker."

Megan threw a punch at Caspian, clocking his jaw.

Evie winced, sidling closer.