5 - Glaring Eyes

After the recent encounters with Macaque and DBK had spiraled in the past couple of weeks. Your spine barely healed, and internally, you feel the pain of everything.

Lunar New Year will come soon. For the greater good news, the demon twins decided to take you right back with welcome arms!

_____

The smoldering sunset peaked the beach's horizon of Megapolis city, within a dead-end alley a small conversation is conspiring.

"You guys are joking, right?" You said to the twin brothers.

The demons before you are using wooden clips to close their non-existent noses, evading the alley's pungent scents discharging from the dumpsters.

"NO," Jin exclaimed, as Yin leaned against a brick wall. "Yin and I thought some things through when you left those posters at the apartment. We had an idea of getting them inked up for the upcoming Lunar Year."

Yin then points to you, "And you're going to be advertising for us."

A tired sigh slipped from your mouth, and you squint at the two in dismay. Jin pulls out one of the posters from his pocket. He passes it to you; you take the crumbled paper and notice how poorly it was inked with images of the brothers, as some of the ink had smeared onto your clam hand.

Not understanding what the poster was for, you glance at them to questionably ask, "What exactly are you both advertising for?... Also, you both do realize you're using my boss's posters."

"You'll find out if you do us the favor." Yin said cheekily, ignoring the last question.

You grudgingly remind them, "You two kicked me out of the apartment, so why should I?"

Ever since they left you on the streets, you had to sleep in the dump again, at least it was welcoming... along with the rats.

Looking up at the demon brothers. They glanced at each other, and then devious smirks formed on them.

In sync they say, "Get these posters on the run." . "And we'll welcome you back!"
.
.

"That didn't even rhyme." . "Yes, it did!" The demon brothers began to argue. 

_____

At the twins' apartment, they had posters flooded with horribly inked images of themselves with no sense of purpose to display. You didn't question them any further due to the fact you wanted a roof over your head again.

From there on they had you running around Megapolis city placing advertisements—adding a thick layer to it, your boss Pigsy wanted you to run some posters for the restaurant too. He will be taking his portable food truck on the busy streets for the upcoming Lunar Year.

For the few past days, Megapolis City was preparing quite early too for the new year. Decorative red and gold printed lanterns were strung throughout the city. Its eye-polluting, artificial, and human destructiveness blinds you temporarily. Making you think everything is a fever dream.

_____

The New Year was here, you had finished off the remaining advertisements for the brothers and Pigsy's Noodle Shop. You were walking through the crowded walkways; the bustling of crowds to the sounds of steaming and sizzling from food stands colliding with the laughter of children fills the air. Chinese traditional music and singing summed up the atmosphere.

Flashes and a wheeze sounded through the air above, you gaze upwards —a light sparked in the sky, making you awe at the bursting flares. You slipped in through an alleyway where fewer people stood.