A Simian's Overseer

Two years before you arrived in the Lego Monkie Kid Realm.

Macaque was performing a shadow play in his theater out of pure boredom. He was displeased that few watchers in the audience are blind to the true meaning. Seeing themselves in the Hero, though some are able to relate to the Shadow. Once the play was over, he closed the theater. 

After a long stroll through Megapolis City, night approached quickly. He opened a shadow portal beneath himself, dropping at the front of his dojo, taking in a fresh breather of the night. 

Silently walking towards the entrance of his dojo.

.

.

.

......"Macaque." 

The simian flinched, looking around. He was searching for the source of the voice, then feels gravity giving up on him, falling into an abyss.

It closed him in before he could escape.

_____ 

After a few months had passed, you arrived.

Macaque was restless... the entity kept telling him to look out for someone. Not until you appeared. He had a mission to make sure that you didn't fall... fall in a sense of what? He didn't understand its orders, frustrating him further, but he tries not to show it.

He was in the abyss, standing on nothing, at least that's what he thinks. He stood sweating profusely, a heat that always lingered within the abyss. It was humid, dry, leaving his throat numb every time it brought him there.

"I gave word to only harm him." A voice spoke in the abyss.

"You did... you said I would be allowed to show intimidation. It was to give him a warning in a physical way." Macaque stated, staring off at the abyss.

It let out a humming laugh, saying, "Yes, I know. I wanted to find amusement in your reaction. But don't think I didn't see what you tried to do. I was there before that staff could have struck him. All because you have a copy of Wukong's powers, does not mean you can defy me. I gave you no warning. Next time control yourself. Do you understand." 

Macaque had clenched his eyes and jaw. Every time it brought him to speak, its voice filled his head, making it difficult to know where it was in the abyss.

"What do you want me to do now?" He grunted in pain, clamping a hand on his burning nape.

"Work with your associate." It firmly said, summoning a cloaked figure who floated next to the simian. "You are to work in the dark. Do what must be done and do what is told."

____

The simian and the cloaked figure were on several missions, having to watch over you at times, then at times it was not needed. Teamwork should be questionable as the cloaked figure was the only one who knew the missions, the simian not given any further details to what had to be done. He had to figure out what, which was part of its game, so he had no choice but to follow.

____

Macaque and the cloaked figure are seated within a karaoke bar. The cloak figure barely made any conversation, so he had to sit there observing the room. He never seen a bar full of disguised demons all at once with unsuspecting humans that sat around. The laughter and voices of everyone, a mere reminder of how alone he was in this situation.