Chapter 1: A crime in the dock : New life - Part 3

At the police station:

-Steven to Ayman: "I understand your dilemma dude. He does seem to be insanely gifted and great, but even though I'm still new here, my sense of justice doesn't really buy his story either."

- Ayman nodded then replied: "Hmm- Yeah. Listen, it is said that an attack can be the best defense sometimes. And that's exactly what he's done to me - I think! Ugh! Here I go again. The detective's curse and his wild imagination HAHA!"

- Steven: "Huh? I am not sure I quite follow-"

- Stacey: "Allow me to explain Steven. What detective Ayman meant is that some people use a certain psychological defensive method to attack, especially when they're being cornered. This method is an escape tool with two important results; the first one, guilt trips the opponents so they would feel deep shame, uneasiness or whatever- and that outcome's exactly what brings us to the second and main result. The latter is basically helping its user escape a tough situation or distract the 'then' psychologically trapped target, from perceiving a certain truth at said moment."

- Ayman: "Yah, but he's apparently clean according to our records. And we also don't have any proves against him. That's why we SHOULD let him go. Pff!"

The ambulance took the victim to the hospital nearby, where Max works as a doctor. Not only that, but he's also one of the main sponsors on many projects there.

When the injured girl got a bit better, her aunt came and claimed to be her only guardian. Max checked her ID then allowed her to take her niece, but they were abruptly stopped by Ayman. Glad to finally meet someone who knows the victim, the detective eagerly asked the woman about her niece - Estelle, and wanted to know if she or her family had any enemies that would want to harm her, to which she replied -NO.

He had many other questions, but all her answers were discouragingly leading the investigation nowhere. That's why he was forced to admit that only the niece herself could make things move forward. The woman knew nothing apparently. He kept waiting for Estelle to remember her offender, for several days. But that was also in vain. So, if by any chance, she doesn't recall anything at all in the future, the case will have to remain closed.

Two years after the accident, late in the year 3102

- A soft whispering voice: "Estelle- Estelle..."

Estelle answered the mysterious person in a low quavering voice: "No! Don't go! Wait... Tell me who you are!"

"Estelle wake up!"

Estelle rubbed her sleepy eyes, when she could tell the difference between her friend's voice and the one from her dream, before opening them: "Hmm- Beatrice? Morning bestie!"