Chapter 4 : Dr. Beatrice - Part 4

-Beatrice : "The next one, 'level 3 - creativity & invention' was the final step that determines whether we're ready to find solutions when things get too complicated, or not. Inventing something useful, grants the student the 'intern doctor' title. After that, if said invention is tested and works for at least 80% of the human volunteers, they are officially called a 'doctor'. As in that case, the Medicine Inclination School's graduate would be considered trustworthy because they have a rare talent that people may depend on. That of course doesn't mean that the freshly graduate would be blindly trusted from the very beginning, but it sure does imply that they would get prioritized over others to get the best offers.

In any case, the title doesn't really matter, whether it is 'intern doctor' or 'doctor', as much as constantly learning, and getting more experience alongside with the more experienced doctors, does. That is, in fact, the most important part for them to be qualified to get their very own cases."

-Estelle : "In the end, almost everyone gets the title but what truly matters is the graduate's competence."

-Beatrice gladly agreed: "Exactly!"

-Estelle : " Wait, did you say : IF the invention is tested? Well, is it even possible not to test it?"

-Beatrice : "I understand where you're coming from, but even though it might seem odd, the answer is: yes, it can. The project has to satisfy few conditions like the idea being testable, and that its owner must have enough money to support the research, or at least capable of finding an investor who's willing to believe in every step of the proposal and provide all the necessary funds along the way."

-Estelle : "Ah! So, it's the same as the Engineering Inclination School's conditions. What would happen to an invention in progress which was given up by its investor mid-way for Medicine students though?"

-Beatrice : "Funny you should ask. Who would answer you better than someone who went through such a thing? You asked the right person!"

-Estelle responded in a state of disbelief: "Huh?! You? WHY?"

-Beatrice: "I'm sure you will get it once I'm done. *Estelle nodded* In most situations, the investor would grow very doubtful of the student's promises ever coming to the light. Thus, the refusal of giving more funds. So, the idea's owner would stay an intern doctor, until getting more years of experience. However, what's happened to me was a tad different. In short, reaching that level was like a dream come true to me, but soon after, it slowly turned into one of my worst nightmares:

My supervisor, this time, was a famous doctor, who was silently watching me since I first entered the Medicine Inclination School. He was none other than the prime investor in the school itself, and the closest friend of its administrative board's chairman.

I've found the fact that he had chosen ME, so weird at first. But when I was told that he only worked with the most brilliant and promising ones, 'like myself', and even invests in their projects later, I didn't give it much thought, like I should've. I remember literally telling them word for word: 'He wants to invest in my idea? Perfect! When do we start?'

I mean, I was almost touching my dream with my own bare hands, so why should I distract myself with pointless stuff? Yeah, right!